Asus A7N266-E

Thread: Asus A7N266-E

Post Asus A7N266-E

Anyone know anything about this mobo.

Heard some mixed opinions

Comments appreciated.

Banned

have not used THIS baoad , i have however used the A7A board (with alladin c/set)

all boards made my asus are good.

here are two reviews of the A7N ,

http://www4.tomshardware.com/mainboard/01q4/011126/kt266a_nforce-14.html#asus_a7n266e_room_for_improvement

http://www.hardwaremania.com/reviews_eng/a7n266/a7n_11.shtml

if the A7A is anything to go by , check your case for size (a7a is large)

good luck with your choice.

www.scan.co.uk keep all versions of this board

freddy

ASUS A7V266-E

I just built a system a couple of days ago with the ASUS A7V266-E board and i got to say im impressed with it. Only problems im having is my modem is presently not working with it and I cant seem to get my case HD light to work with it. But other then that its a cool board to have.

A7N266 not to be confused with the A7V series.

I tried the board for about 2 months and I honestly was impressed by the price /performance/ feature ratio. Be sure to get at least 256 DDR of ram, 32 is swiped fro the on board Gf2MX Agp controller. If you get only 128 well 96 MB of ra, doesnt go far 4 gaming. I was a bit disappointed about IDE performance but i saw thy have a bios update for ATA performance adjustements, maybee a minor glitch. And of course, it takes Athlon Xp procs like a charm.

For the price difference go with the A7N266-E version. It has a nice stable realtek 10/100 LAN controler and 5.1 Nvidia MCP sound, (wich sounds a lot better than the CMI on-board sound on the generic Asus mobos).

If i would give a warning 4 this board would be for the PCI irq sharing.A lot of PCI slots are shared so dont expect putting 2 many big and demanding PCI cards if you use onboard chips (Vga, Lan, Sound).

expect a 7.5-8/10 mobo, it's on-board after all so dont expect the same as an high-trend mainboard that costs the same but without vga, lan or sound..
    If it aint broken dont fix it..I should realy start doing that

I have been running this board with an 1800xp and (2) 256meg memory. Make sure however much ram you plan to buy that you buy 2 modules to utilize the double speed of the ddr ram. The on board video works great. Setup was a breeze as soon as I set the processor speed. The only problem I have noticed is my system is eating up all of my memory. It may actually be a win me problem though. I am still working on correcting it. I plan to upgrade to win xp very soon.