e139761 pin settings
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: e139761 pin settings

Exclamation e139761 pin settings

I have a motherboard that I took out of a dell computer. The computer would no longer power on, so I replaced the power supply to no avail. The next step is to put the board into a different case, but the dell case had a specially designed plug to connect the lights and buttons on the case to the board, and of course most cases have 4 or 5 seperate cables to power the lights and buttons. Long story short, I can not find the manual for this board anywhere. Does anybody have one or know where I can find it?

Welcome to Windrivers erik

I may be the bringer of bad tidings.....

Dell used proprietary power supplies on some of their models. If you changed it with a standard one, the motherboard is now dead. The dell psu's do not look any different from a standard one, just that the pins in the atx connector were different.

As for the case connector block - is there anything written on the motherboard on the case connector pins?

Do you know the model of dell that the motherboard came from?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

E139761 mobo

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Welcome to Windrivers erik

I may be the bringer of bad tidings.....

Dell used proprietary power supplies on some of their models. If you changed it with a standard one, the motherboard is now dead. The dell psu's do not look any different from a standard one, just that the pins in the atx connector were different.

As for the case connector block - is there anything written on the motherboard on the case connector pins?

Do you know the model of dell that the motherboard came from?

Can I butt in here? I have the same problem as Erik, exactly. I replaced the Gateway PS and case with generic ATX unit.

My board came from a Gateway GP7-450, and it's a slot 1 variety. The case connector block is marked clearly but it has three pins in the "Power on/off" area, 1-2-3 -- I've tried 1-2 and 2-3 but nogo. The connector won't fit across 1-3.

The psu fan runs but there's no activity from the motherboard. 5v and 12v power lines seem OK, at the disk drive connectors anyway.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Welcome to Windrivers nemoz2000

What serial number is this gateway - cannot find any good info for it.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Welcome to Windrivers nemoz2000

What serial number is this gateway - cannot find any good info for it.
    The label on the rear of the case says the following:

Gateway 2000 Inc
    Model GP7-450 As TAB III SYS KER
    LP Mini Tower
    Serial No. (Bar Code here)
    Mfg Date 21/06/1999
    Assembled in Malaysia

The machine was rescued out of the trash bin at work by my enterprising grandson, who saw it as a good one for his young sister. It was complete except for power supply when it came to me.

Last edited by NooNoo; September 15th, 2004 at 04:19 AM.

Very nearly, but differs as follows:

- AGPset chip is FX82443BX not 440BX
    - PCIset chip is FW82371EB, not PIIX4E
    - Connectors for CD In, Telephony and Aux In are in the screen printing but not fitted.

Do you have the front panel connector assignments please? On mine it is in exactly the same position.

Serial number -- a scan of the label is attached. If it's not a Gateway it's a damn good forgery . There's another bar code label (paper) stuck onto the inside bottom of the case ("flat sided mini tower") with 8001344 printed. Could this be serial no?

Interesting, that serial comes up with a p200 mmx... looks like you have a hybrid there.

result of digging 1

result of digging 2

result of digging 3

result of digging 4 (no onboard audio)

If it's not one of those, I am out of ideas.

Smile

Interesting, that serial comes up with a p200 mmx... looks like you have a hybrid there.

result of digging 1

result of digging 2

result of digging 3

result of digging 4 (no onboard audio)

If it's not one of those, I am out of ideas.

Eternal thanks, NooNoo -- it is a cross between dig 3 and the others. These boards must've been originally for P2 slot 1 but later they got used with the early P3 slot 1, which is where mine came from. The front panel connections are the same and I can see my error with the on/off button.

There is other good news in the data you found -- the ATX power connector on the Gateway is absolutely standard, so there should be no problem fitting a generic PSU.

Back to the workshop ...

Smile e139761 Front panel pin settings

OK i just fitted a gatway motherboard and its running fine, if this is the board your looking for the pin outs on then i have listed all numbers on the pcb/motherboard so you can make sure its the right one.

All these nubers can be found on the pcb/motherboard.

E139761 - Next to the ide ports bottom end.

4000622 - Next to the ide ports bottom end on a sticker with bar code.

N232 - Next to the floppy drive port bottom end.

IMEA02400315 AA A19243-204 - Below front panel pin bottom on a sticker with bar code.

Remember that pin one on all jumpers is maked with a small white triangle.

The front panel pin block for this pcb/motherboard is a 16 pin block at the front side under the floppy drive port.

Front panel pin settings:

HD Led - 1,3
    Power Led - 2,4
    Reset - 5,7
    Power On - 6,8
    IR - 11,13,15

Hope this helps.

Lightbulb E139761_Gateway_Front_Panel_Connections

hello,
    is about the old motherboard E139761_Gateway ?
    http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERB...M0026422.shtml
    the diagram of the connector is erroneous, I created this bond where you will find an drawing with a correct diagram :
    http://pageperso.aol.fr/Convertisseu...onnections.jpg

in a friendly way

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by erik879
    I have a motherboard that I took out of a dell computer. The computer would no longer power on, so I replaced the power supply to no avail. The next step is to put the board into a different case, but the dell case had a specially designed plug to connect the lights and buttons on the case to the board, and of course most cases have 4 or 5 seperate cables to power the lights and buttons. Long story short, I can not find the manual for this board anywhere. Does anybody have one or know where I can find it?
    My problem is similar, but i took the power supply that the dell case had as well. motherboard has a dell tag on it and e139761. i need to get the pin settings and possibly a manual for said motherboard does any body have any Ideas on this?

If you go to this site: http://tinyurl.com/lup8t

you will note that the Intel version is a 440BX and that there is a Dell Precision 410 with a 440BX chipset.

I would suspect then you could go to the dell site and look at the manuals available and see if it looks like yours.

edit: other Dell boards use the same - the idea was for you to look through the Dell site and determine what is what.

Last edited by CCT; June 27th, 2006 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Clear things up a bit

Exclamation Found It

Thanks for the help. reason i asked for help is because i have two jobs and am attempting to get my computer fixed and having to use the local library for my research thanks for the pointers

update:
    after taking a closer look at said mb i noticed that the chipset wasn't a 440bx, but a 440LX if any one can help let me know

FOUND IT:
    mobo is a dimension XPS Dxxx now all i nee is the settings for the connector the dell website just tells me that the front connector goes there not how its set up

also the specs say that it will only run a 233-333 processor. can i put a 450 in it and get away with a slower speed?
    Last edited by Alysher; June 27th, 2006 at 09:46 PM. Reason: update #2