UPDATE: ATI CATALYST Drivers v4.8

Thread: UPDATE: ATI CATALYST Drivers v4.8

UPDATE: ATI CATALYST Drivers v4.8

ATI has released a new ATI Catalyst drivers (release notes) bringing them up to version 4.8. The package contains: RADEON display driver 8.042, Multimedia Center 9.02, HydraVision 3.25.0006, HydraVision Basic Edition 3.25.9006, Remote Wonder 2.3 and WDM version 4.06 and Southbridge/IXP Driver
    Fixed in this driver: 3D Mark03: Display corruption is no longer noticed when running the Trolls Lair test 3 under Windows XP

Beyond Divinity:Playing the game with FSAA set to 2x no longer results in display corruption when scrolling the display by moving the mouse to the left of the display
    High Heat Baseball 2003: The display no longer loses sync when exiting or changing player characters in the game High Heat Baseball 2003 under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON X800 series installed
    Madden NFL 2003: The game no longer fails to respond under Windows XP when an ATI RADEON 9800 XT is installed and attempting to set the Truform slider to Application Preference
    Need for Speed Underground:Playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON 9000/9200 installed no longer results in the road ahead not being lit up by the car's headlights
    Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow: Display corruption is no longer noticed when launching a multiplayer game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON 9200 installed
    Thief 3:Inconsistent lighting and shadow flicker is no longer noticed when playing the game under Windows XP
    Unreal Tournament 2004: Playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON X600 series installed no longer results in game corruption being displayed when setting Anti-Aliasing to 4x and having the display properties set to 1600x1200 32bpp
    Download: All-in-One for Win2k/XP (Contains Display Driver, Control Panel, and WDM Capture Drivers)

Download:
    Catalyst 4.8 Display Drivers for Windows 2000/XP
    Download: Catalyst 4.8 WDM Drivers | Catalyst 4.8 Control Panel
    View: Catalyst 4.8 Release Notes
    Homepage: ATi Drivers

Just what my Toshiba lappy needed.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

I normally go to the hp site for my lappy, but i was wondering if it was ok to get the drivers directly from ati?

Quote Originally Posted by TechZ
    I normally go to the hp site for my lappy, but i was wondering if it was ok to get the drivers directly from ati?
    Not unless you use the Dhmodtool1.7.exe to patch it up first.

I've been doing that for a while now, like this morning, to update the drivers of the Mobility Radeon 9000 in this Toshiba.

Works like a charm.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

So this mod lets us adjust the settings on the card?
    Wont mess up my Ati 9200 will it? Why do I need the mod, cant i just install the drivers directly from ati?

Quote Originally Posted by TechZ
    So this mod lets us adjust the settings on the card?
    Wont mess up my Ati 9200 will it? Why do I need the mod, cant i just install the drivers directly from ati?
    Strangely enough, no.

The tool will modify some .INF files in the folder where the installer will expand into. Then the installation process will continue on properly.

Without the patch, the installation will just refuse to run on the laptop.

Or at least it does for my 9000.

A few buddies here at work also use it and everyone has gad 100% success with this.

tool link is gone!!!

hmmmm has it been upgraded?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    tool link is gone!!!

hmmmm has it been upgraded?
    That would be great. I'll modify my other post to reflect.

I recall reading up about a 2.0 version being either available or in the works, but could not find it.

Once again, I must bow before you l33t Net hunting skillz.

When I launched it, it told me my driver set had already been modified.