Inspirion 2100/Aol 9/Modem

Thread: Inspirion 2100/Aol 9/Modem

Inspirion 2100/Aol 9/Modem

I have a customer who owns a Dell Inspirion 2100 laptop, is running aol 9.0 optimized. When he plugs his power cord into the wall and the battery is charged 100%, he cannot log onto aol 9.0. The handshake never takes place.

unplug the power cord from the wall, aol 9.0 handshakes and he can log on.

he can log onto aol 6.0, which he upgraded from, with or without the power cord.

any help/explanation why he can't when he's got the electric/power cord plugged in?
    thanks,
    chris

Welcome to Windrivers chriswen

That is going to be a peculiarity of AOL 9 - you will have to call their support.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Welcome to Windrivers chriswen

That is going to be a peculiarity of AOL 9 - you will have to call their support.
    That's what i thought, too. My customer insisted on calling AOL himself and they ran him through this and that only to tell him it wasn't their problem.

all i know is i couldn't find anything wrong with the hardware components of the computer.

ok so it works with aol 6
    try setting up another isp - if it works with that then its aol 9 and you should insist that you get to talk to them with the customer right next to you.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."