My MIL is staying with us and she has a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M7400 running XP Home SP1. It has built in Intel Centrino wireless networking (LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter). I have a home network using a Linksys wireless router (WRT54G), but the laptop does not see the wireless network at all. It just shows wireless network unavailable. The laptop is 2 feet from the access point, which is set to mixed network mode. Other computers in the house are using the network, but none are using centrino. She does not have the intel proset utility (at least not installed on the laptop), but according to intel it should work natively with xp.

- I have tried disabling and enabling the wireless network adapter. When I do this, it shows activity for a few seconds, then reverts to the prior state when it fails to detect a signal.
- I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the wireless network adapter.
- I have updated the chipset and network adapter drivers.
- I have run Intel's Centrino Test Utility - all ok.
- I have checked that wireless is enabled in bios.
- I thought it might be a frequency/channel issue (since its a German laptop), but I can't see where to check or change the setting. The manual for the laptop shows that the channel (Ch 6/2437 MHz) is available.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious here.