Win XP - Microsoft Word

Thread: Win XP - Microsoft Word

Unhappy Win XP - Microsoft Word

Someone took my product key and the installation CD and I got the CD back but not the key. this computer tech said that he could find it in the computer but he would not tell me.

So I want to know how to find it???

Welcome to windrivers xlpaul. This site does not promote or assist in piracy. The product key is on a sticker on the cd case. I suggest you seek its return from the individual who took it. If your product is registered and you have proof of ownership, you can call microsoft and request a replacement.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Thanks, I did not think of that.

And the case the does not have the # on it. Individual claims that they did not take it but I thought, how can it be installed w/o it.

I will check with Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by xlpaul
    Thanks, I did not think of that.

And the case the does not have the # on it. Individual claims that they did not take it but I thought, how can it be installed w/o it.

I will check with Microsoft.
    Considering how expensive software is. It should be locked up and not loaned out at all. I maintain about 16 computers at my church. All were legal with software about 7 years ago when I started going there. My Senior Pastor had just bought all the software. He had the secretary maintain all the disks much to my chagrin. Now not a single disk remains. I had to rebuy all the software all over because they had no proof of ownership either. Wasn't cheap either and since then the Pastor has agreed after finding out how much the church had to pay for it for me to keep it under lock and key and only 3 of us have access to the software. Have not lost a piece of software since and it has been a year now.
    I'm Homer of Borg...Resistance is fut....Mmmmmm...Donuts...