RAID? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RAID?

Exclamation

No problem installing WIndows 98 se on my raid 0 striping, It installs really quick now, I just moved my raid 0 array from the Asus cuv266 with a P3 1 ghz to a new Asus p4b266 with a p 4 1.6 ghz
    All is fine I just deleted the enum key in the registery before I swapped the mother boards, I figure since my drives are still under the same fastrack bios I should not have to reinstall
    I say raid works and lets hope it keeps the bugs away
    Format c I'm givin er all she's got cap'in !!! )

I had a lot of problems installing win98 on my ATA100 raid 0 setup. The only solution was a bios update 4 my Promise fastrack 100 card, the thing is that it came 3 months later.. I know that it can be a problem, and if so you'll need to install clean on 1 drive and then "ghost" it on your raid partitions.. You may have 2 burn it if you dont have a "backup drive"...

Even if Raid lags at bootig, it flies in data bursts!!
    If it aint broken dont fix it..I should realy start doing that

[quote]Originally posted by LTB_Dagger_Qc:
    I had a lot of problems installing win98 on my ATA100 raid 0 setup. The only solution was a bios update 4 my Promise fastrack 100 card, the thing is that it came 3 months later.. I know that it can be a problem, and if so you'll need to install clean on 1 drive and then "ghost" it on your raid partitions.. You may have 2 burn it if you dont have a "backup drive"...

Even if Raid lags at bootig, it flies in data bursts!!

I've never had an issue installing 2k to my raid array... the magic "F6" during the very initial screen allows thrid party drivers to be installed. Best 'o' luck
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans