[RESOLVED] Plugged a digital camera in now USB doesn't work.

Thread: [RESOLVED] Plugged a digital camera in now USB doesn't work.

Vreracing

Post Plugged a digital camera in now USB doesn't work.

I have a TYAN 1854 Trinity 400 MB. I have multiple devices attached to the USB board using a hub. 3com network card and a Epson scanner. I plugged the camera into the second USB port and when it did not recognize the new device I rebooted the system. When the system rebooted the USB port was not recognized. Windows now will not recognize the CDrom. It seemed to loose all of its drivers and does not recognize most of the cards on the motherboard.

Question is whether this is a hardware or a software problem?

Did I short out the USB port when I plugged the camera in while the system was still on?

If so it sounds like I will need a new motherboard. Time is sort of critical since I do a lot of video work on this computer.

I've ordered a new motherboard just in case, it should be in tomorrow, but before going through the effort of replacing it I'd like to here from someone who maybe has an idea.

Any suggestions will be warmly appreciated.

Digital video on the computer is not for those with weak hearts.

dea

I am afraid that it is a hardware failure but it could be some conflict in bios.

Vreracing

It turned out to be the Promise PCI Ultra 100 controller that caused the problem. I reloaded windows now I'm up to speed. To see my reaction please hit the button below. I promise it has no viruses in it.

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
    CODEBASE="http://active.macromedia.com/flash2/cabs/swflash.cab#version=4,0,0,0"
    ID="Untitled2" WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="200">

Vreracing

I guess that part of Html for objects is not working. Here's the link

Alive

Vreracing

Last try

Alive

Vreracing

If you are the administrator please erase the above postings. This is getting to be a total loss of face.

I'm close to giving up

Now you see why I had so much trouble with my computer. I'm not exactly a detail person.