Having some issues installing driver

Thread: Having some issues installing driver

Having some issues installing driver

I've got a Canon IR 1310. I'm installing in on an HP computer with windows 7(64). I have gone to multiple sites and downloaded both the recommended driversand drivers of similar machines, verified through the windows compatability page that the machine and it's drivers were compatible, and tried using multiple similar drivers preinstalled on the PC, all with no luck. Even after downloading the drivers and universal drivers it keeps saying there is no driver availible for the Canon IR 1200/1300. Even when i let the PC run its own check for a driver online it says no driver can be found. And of course i have no disc. Can some one please help??
    Last edited by Nate882004; October 6th, 2012 at 07:45 PM.

OK I have gone to Canon and looked for the drivers. I see XP and Vista but i see nothing to indicate there is a windows 7 64 bit driver.
    I highly doubt that they will ever make that. That looks like a legacy machine so it's reasonably old.
    The below link shows that there isnt a windows 7 driver from canon. I am totally skeptical that anyone else would make a driver.
    http://www.canon.ca/inetCA/suppdrv?m...=I&mid=1032370
    If it was 32 bit there might be a chance to make it work, but you said its 64 bit.
    Now if you installed the Pro version of windows 7 you might be able to get it to work through XPMODE.
    But even that is a long shot
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html