I need help saving pics as a JPEG file

Thread: I need help saving pics as a JPEG file

I need help saving pics as a JPEG file

I am using Windows XP and AOL 9.0 Optimized and I need help saving pics as a JPEG file. Here is the problem that I am having is that I save one pic as a JPEG file then when I go to save another pic it only lets me save it as a BITMAP file. To save a pic as a JPEG file I have to go to control panel then to internet options then delete files and cookies. I have to do this after every pic I save as a JPEG file. That's the only way I know how to do it cause I went to settings on AOl 9.0 then internet web options then aol broswer then select never compress files but I still have to go to control panel and do all that still to save pics as JPEG file. Is there away I can save pics all the time as JPEG file without having to do all of that everyime I go to save a pic?

I would suggest you remove AOL v9.0 and install it as a lower version, v7.0 I did not like but v6.0 seemed to be better. AOL has a preferences popup, it allows you to change the image setting from compressed files, so the setting you want to use is NEVER, for Internet Preferences once you click on Preferences running within AOL Browser. This also manafes the AOL Browser to yield to internet file extensions like JPG/JPEG instead of the AOL type file extention known as ART. This is where the problem lies. The ART is a optimization of AOL imagery, it also disregards the true filename used on websites and names all files numerically and thats not what you want done, plus AOL v9.0 disregards Windows Temporary Internet Files Folder and stores in a folder that AOL manages within Documents and Settings known as Mozrella under the user -> USR <- Folder and none of the files have a extension like what is accustom in Windows folder Windows Temporary Internet Files. If you ever wanted to get a file out of that folder you have to known what to search the folder for as a content matter within a specific extension filespec you are aware of having within the body of it, like most HTM and HTML has specific tags a search would then select every numbered file which has those tags and then you have to use a batchfile to add extensions to all them at one time using ? marks for each number represented. AOL don't have the credentials they once had in creatively making a browser function with Microsoft Products. If you get online TCP/IP I would end the monthly access fee you have and go to something a bit cheaper by phoning AOL and tell them you want BYOA which stands for Bring Your Own Access, that means you connect only a few hours using a phoneline or have to pay more to AOL and can access AOL using TCP/IP 100% of the time which is Cable access 24 hours a day with only paying $9.95 a month to AOL instead of whatever they charge you monthly now. If however you have been a long term member they will grant you a special price of only $7.95 per month and you do not have to pay if you get friends to join using your code they email you. Your friends BYOA themselves for $9.95 per month if they got cable and use a version lower than v7.0, thats where the funky stuff began affecting windows. A true mistake that AOL made they cannot correct ever. If you use the AOL Browser and you have AOL Instant Messenger to use a screen name you cannot share files using the browser like you can using the AOLIM and that goes for the video and audio feature also. If a user wants to send you his sisters wedding pic where she was naked you cannot receive it instantly unless you use a screen name not logged into the browser using AOLIM. You will find lots of problems solved by installing a lower version of AOL, phone them and tell them you are not satisfied with optimization and you are going to download the lower version and install it later following removal of v9.0 because you want more window action instead.

Quote Originally Posted by JonDaviS
    I am using Windows XP and AOL 9.0 Optimized and I need help saving pics as a JPEG file. Here is the problem that I am having is that I save one pic as a JPEG file then when I go to save another pic it only lets me save it as a BITMAP file. To save a pic as a JPEG file I have to go to control panel then to internet options then delete files and cookies. I have to do this after every pic I save as a JPEG file. That's the only way I know how to do it cause I went to settings on AOl 9.0 then internet web options then aol broswer then select never compress files but I still have to go to control panel and do all that still to save pics as JPEG file. Is there away I can save pics all the time as JPEG file without having to do all of that everyime I go to save a pic?

Quote Originally Posted by JonDaviS
    Go to Control Panel. Then open "internet options". Click teh "settings" button from the "general" tab. At the next window, click the "view objects" button. Delete the objects titled "unknown". Click "Ok" and/or close all the windows. If that doesn't work, then I don't know what the problem is. If it does work, don't thank me,.. thanks NooNoo because she taught me that one.
    Hello World