3 7.69%
  • I Kind Of Like them!

7 17.95%
  • Indifferent

14 35.90%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of tigerdirect.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue1987
    PS Thanks to RRR for the help in doing my first poll.
    And Learning how to Quote.
    You're welcome Rogue.
    And, if you are trying to figure out why I've been attacked and flamed in this thread just for helping you out, I'll give you a word of advice: don't bother trying to figure out my young friend, because it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

I'll tel ya something. I am getting real tired around here. No wonder so many good people have left here and never come back. And then you ban the ones that really do care and stick around come hell or high water. I guess that I'll never get it...

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    You're welcome Rogue.
    <Thread HiJack>

Hey Trip, you want to play golf on Saturday?

You can carry on point/counterpointing now

</Thread Hijack>
    Bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    You're welcome Rogue.
    And, if you are trying to figure out why I've been attacked and flamed in this thread just for helping you out, I'll give you a word of advice: don't bother trying to figure out my young friend, because it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

I'll tel ya something. I am getting real tired around here. No wonder so many good people have left here and never come back. And then you ban the ones that really do care and stick around come hell or high water. I guess that I'll never get it...
    my best guess would e that the flame wars that went on for a while went too far, and too many people were getting upset with the way things were going. So the mods have cracked down, and mow people are complaining that thing's are too strict. They've been put in a herd place because people aren't willing to find the happy medium on their own without relying on the mod's to solve the problem.
    Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.
    Sun-tzu (~400 BC), The Art of War. Emptiness and Fullness

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Khazad
    my best guess would e that the flame wars that went on for a while went too far, and too many people were getting upset with the way things were going. So the mods have cracked down, and mow people are complaining that thing's are too strict. They've been put in a herd place because people aren't willing to find the happy medium on their own without relying on the mod's to solve the problem.
    Couldn't be further from the truth

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    Couldn't be further from the truth
    And added, if you want to know more, PM me, I won't discuss it here

what then would you say happened then? Because for a while there it seemed to me like it was a free for all and everyone was getting pissed off until Noo Noo finally stepped in.
    Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    /me Watches yet another decent thread take a tun for the worse.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute
    /me Watches yet another decent thread take a tun for the worse.
    Yeah, cause I don't even order stuff online, I go to Fry's

togerdirect.ca provides decent service in canada, but i prefer to deal with ncix.com. They offer service to canada and the united states, have great prices, and their service is great.

I really don't care for tiger direct. I have always been suspicious of them. I can't stand visiting their store but somehow I always end up there when visiting friends in the big city. i just use newegg.com and zipzoomfly.com to buy my stuff online and never really have a need to go to a store an buy computer hardware because I am never in a predicament where I need something that minute.
    I'd rather be riding my motorcycle
    "I gotta have more cowbell, baby" Bruce Dickinson(Christopher Walken)

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    Yeah, cause I don't even order stuff online, I go to Fry's
    Eggsactly! Me too.
    Hello World

I've never had a problem with TigerDirect.ca, with either the products, the rebates or returned products.

If the local stores don't have it for a comparable price (including shipping), then I go for TD.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

OK, my turn. I had some troubble with them involving a video card ( they advertised it as an 8X with a composit out, VGA and S-Video out. It was a 4X without a composit out and 64MB. I wound up with an ATI Radion 9200se with a composit, s-video, and VGA and 128MB, but it still took 2 weeks to figure it out)
    Their customer service is just plain bad, but mostof the time their OK.
    I kind of like them.

Thanks to everyone who helped make my first poll a success
    Hmmmmm.....back for a while...

I will never buy from them again.

Bought retail name brand ram and got generic in plastic baggies. It was the name brand but oem and it was all bad at that. Returned all of the sticks and repeated contact with Tiger to see the status of my credit went nowhere.

I was out over $200.

No satisfaction at all.

I used to not like Tiger after some bad experiences with them a few years ago and from other horror stories I had heard.

However, our church was looking for a new projector a couple of weeks ago. I found the one we wanted to get and Tiger had the lowest price of all of the online stores I was looking at. I was kind of nervous about choosing them, but I decided to go ahead and buy from them.

I called to order it instead of placing the order online because I was curious as to when it would actually be shipped from their warehouse because we were really wanting to have the projector by the end of the week (this was a Tuesday). I called and talked to a really helpful person on the phone. He said that they could ship it out the same day. I was a little skeptical, but went ahead with the purchase.

Well, that afternoon around 3 o'clock, I got an e-mail from Tiger with the tracking number saying that my order had been shipped and it was delivered Thursday afternoon.

I'm still somewhat skeptical of them, but not as much as I was.

Sorry for the long post.
    "If there's a better use for the Internet, I haven't found it."
    -Homer Simpson