The adventures of Wrbby
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The adventures of Wrbby

The adventures of Wrbby

Went to a Christmas party last night at a friends house. This girl I know threw it. I've known her for a long time. She has a friend,... we'll call her "Jane" for the sake of this story. I've known Jane for a long time too. I hadn't seen Jane for a really long time, but she was there last night. Me is very fond of Jane.

Throughout the night, several times we had some really good conversations. You ever talk to a girl and you can just feel a chemistry happening between both of you? Well that's what I was feeling and I think she was feeling it too. Well anyway, at one point I was just about to step out into the back yard. She went with me. So her and I, standing out in the back yard talking, looking at the sky, etc. It was nice. She was telling me about these lazer light shows they have at De Anza college and it seemed like we were both going to talk about maybe going to go see it sometime, but then this guy comes out and the moment was kinda interrupted. So she turned around to back inside I went back in too and thats that.

So a little while later I heard her say she was getting ready to leave. So I hung out on the couch in the living room by myself playing games on my phone. I knew that by sitting there I'd be the last person she'd say good bye to and that would be my opportunity to talk to her about hanging out again sometime. I had it planned out perfectly!

Well, I'm sitting there and this one dude comes in. "Hey there Wrbby! So hows it going?" "Fine". Then all of a sudden another person comes in and another and now this whole room is filled with people (the house is very small and the whole night was like that. One minute a room is dead, the next it's filled with people). Jane comes in grabs her coat and starts saying bye to everyone. I grabbed my coat too and said that I was going to leave too. I mean,.. it was getting late and I had to work in the morning,.. and besides, then I could have an excuse to walk her out to her car and talk to her. But before any of that can happen,.. all of a sudden I became Mister Popular and everyone starts talking to me about this and that.

Yadda yadda yadda,.. she was gone and I never got to say good bye and I don't know if I'll ever get to talk to her again. I could call my friend and do the whole go-through-the-friend thing,.. but now the whole moment is lost and I'm sure that my opportunity is gone now. Why the heck do I always have to have such rotten luck when it comes to stuff like this?
    Hello World

You've got the connection through the friend, so why are you tossing the whole thing out the window. Getting your friend to ask her out for you isa bad idea, but you can be more subtle and just get her to bring the other girl along for a group activity, and do your own work from there. You just gotta be willing to step up and think a little subversively.
    Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.
    Sun-tzu (~400 BC), The Art of War. Emptiness and Fullness

Banned
    Someone has her number, call her up and take her out. Have everything planned, keep it short with outs, but also the ability to go further. Don't wait too long

Quote Originally Posted by Khazad
    You've got the connection through the friend, so why are you tossing the whole thing out the window. Getting your friend to ask her out for you isa bad idea, but you can be more subtle and just get her to bring the other girl along for a group activity, and do your own work from there. You just gotta be willing to step up and think a little subversively.
    I don't know. It's like the moment is ruined now though. All the moons were lined up perfectly last night. Not they are not.
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    Went to a Christmas party last night at a friends house. This girl I know threw it. I've known her for a long time. She has a friend,... we'll call her "Jane" for the sake of this story. I've known Jane for a long time too. I hadn't seen Jane for a really long time, but she was there last night. Me is very fond of Jane...
    Challenge "Me" to a duel to the death, and win. Problem solved.

More seriously, just ask the mutual friend for a way to reach her.

No messing around, no insinuations - just straight out "I want to get to know this person better as I enjoyed her company at your party".
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Do It...do It!!
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    Someone has her number, call her up and take her out. Have everything planned, keep it short with outs, but also the ability to go further. Don't wait too long
    I'm gonna try. The thing is,.. let's say you are baking a cake. You did your best and baked the best cake ever. Then, you are JUST about to put the iciing on the cake when all of a sudden someone comes up stomps on it with their boot. RUINED!
    Hello World

I will Do It. It will happen today. I'll post the results,.. but I'm just all bitter now because of how it went down at the end.
    Hello World

I don't know. It's like the moment is ruined now though. All the moons were lined up perfectly last night. Not they are not.
    Don't be a dumba**. Get her number and call her!

Banned
    Get rid of that defeated attitude or it is over.

Just be confident, it iwll all work out. Show you are a wuss, and it won't.

I will Do It. It will happen today. I'll post the results,.. but I'm just all bitter now because of how it went down at the end.
    Dude, the worst thing that happens is she says no. You have nothing to lose.

you can use it to ur advantage, let her know you were dissapointed in not being able to say goodbye after a fun evening with her... so you set up a date so you can properly say goodbye, face to face...its a great plan, up till you say goodbye, cause then its just done
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    Get rid of that defeated attitude or it is over.

Just be confident, it iwll all work out. Show you are a wuss, and it won't.
    Exactly. You are the man. YOU rock. YOU ARE GHENGIS MOTHERF***ING KHAN. NOW GET ON THE PHONE AND CONQUER HER!!!

Right right. Man,.. I knew I could count on you guys to point me in the right direction.
    Hello World

you might want to get more booze...so you can see "all the moons" again