Steelers = Homefield advantage! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Steelers = Homefield advantage!

Kudos to the Steelers. Even with a few starters out they beat Buffalo at Buffalo.
    Turnovers and penalties. The Bills had a good run and needed to win just to be in the playoffs. Tough way for the season to end. At least my Rutgers ncaaw team knocked #4 Texas off today, ending the longest home winning streak in the country. But, I'd have traded the wins.
    One question:
    I had to "watch" the damn game on the internet. What the heck happened when the Bills drove the field to the 11, only to get penalized and then miss a fg? And then, what about the five whole minutes of no updates where first it said Pitt had an interception return, but then Bledsoe fumbled for a Pitt td?
    Last edited by TripleRLtd; January 2nd, 2005 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    Kudos to the Steelers. Even with a few starters out they beat Buffalo at Buffalo.
    Turnovers and penalties. The Bills had a good run and needed to win just to be in the playoffs. Tough way for the season to end. At least my Rutgers ncaaw team knocked #4 Texas off today, ending the longest home winning streak in the country. But, I'd have traded my the wins.
    One question:
    I had to "watch" the damn game on the internet. What the heck happened when the Bills drove the field to the 11, only to get penalized and then miss a fg? And then, what about the five whole minutes of no updates where first it said Pitt had an interception return, but then Bledsoe fumbled for a Pitt td?
    I hate to say I told you so......but I did

Quote Originally Posted by ME
    they might not take down the mighty steelers even in an exhibition game on sunday.
    guys on the bench have stepped up all year long. staley will get some reps to get ready for the playoffs and Haynes will get a lot of carries. he had 61 yards on just 8 carries against the ravens and their supposed great defense. With the way pittsburghs season has went I wouldn't be shocked at all if they still won

I don't remember the play by play of the long drive that ended in the missed FG, but I can tell you that on the fumble recovery that our 3rd string corner nailed bledsoe on a corner blitz. his helmet jarred the ball from bledsoes hand and it landed right in the arms of one of our backup LB (harrison) who ran it into the endzone. I think it was initally called and int, because it never hit the ground, but after furthur review, bledsoe never completed the throwing motion, so it couldn't have been a pass intercepted either.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Quote Originally Posted by kato2274
    I hate to say I told you so......but I did
    HA!
    Eh, you deserve to gloat. That's a hell of a team there in the Burgh.
    And, I told you:
    But, yeah, I wonder about their lack of quality wins, too. The Jets are the same. The Bills got whooped by the Pats twice this year.
    To tell the truth, I am looking forward to Bledsoe not being the QB next year. We have a highly touted rookie in JP Losman as well. Can't tell what he'll be yet, but, that is part of the excitement of sports.

Internet Linebacker
    The Bills got to play against a defense starring Alonzo Jackson for the majority of the game and still managed to lose. Damn. Just damn.

Ah well, it's great to be 15-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra X
    The Bills got to play against a defense starring Alonzo Jackson for the majority of the game and still managed to lose. Damn. Just damn.

Ah well, it's great to be 15-1.
    hate to be picky about spelling, but it's Alonzo Junkson

Internet Linebacker
    I think he & James Harrison should switch numbers to reflect their level of play. If Gregg Lloyd were dead, he'd be rolling over in his grave seeing the way Zo is disgracing the sacred #95...

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra X
    I think he & James Harrison should switch numbers to reflect their level of play. If Gregg Lloyd were dead, he'd be rolling over in his grave seeing the way Zo is disgracing the sacred #95...
    I believe that it shouldn't be a problem next year as the only steeler jersey he should be wearing will be the one he buys at the local Dick's sporting goods