Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM) no sound on XP after PC upgrade

Thread: Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM) no sound on XP after PC upgrade

Hybrid View

Registered User Gandalf the White's Avatar

Unhappy Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM) no sound on XP after PC upgrade

I realy need help guys, i have just recently upgraded my Motherboard and RAM and Hardrive. my sound card is a 128 Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM), and there is no sound at all, this is on XP PRO i mean when i upgraded to XP PRO form 98 SE sometime back i had a sound problem were you could just hear flickering sounds but i fixed that by getting a new sound driver by lucky, forgot which one it was now =[ but after i upgraded my PC i get no sound at all now.

can someone help me out alot =[ thanks!

my motherboard is:

Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-7VT600 1394

Also my other system spec's are 512 DDR RAM Athlon XP 1700 and 40 gigabylte maxton hardrive.

Thanks in Advance =D
    Last edited by Gandalf the White; January 22nd, 2005 at 01:58 PM.

When i got my Computer back there is VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller (WDM) ib device manager and on add and remove programs on control panel i didnt have this before i got my comeputer upgarded did that come with the motherboard or whats is it? sorry im new to computers sorta =[

Welcome to the foums Gandalf the White

If you want to use your Creative Audio card, you need to disable the onboard audio from the BIOS

Here are the latest drivers for your motherboard:
    http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/...600%201394.htm
    Last edited by TechZ; January 23rd, 2005 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TechZ
    Welcome to the foums Gandalf the White

If you want to use your Creative Audio card, you need to disable the onboard audio from the BIOS

Here are the latest drivers for your motherboard:
    http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/...600%201394.htm
    thanks for the reply, do i have to downlaod all of them or just the audio and chipset and how do you disable onboard audio threw bois?

thanks in advance

Just audio, although, if you havent installed the others (they should have come on a Driver CD with the motherboard), you should install them.

To disable Onboard Audio, go into the BIOS, go to Integrated Peripherals and then under Onboard Audio, change the Enable to Disable. Remember to also remove it from your Device Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by TechZ
    Just audio, although, if you havent installed the others (they should have come on a Driver CD with the motherboard), you should install them.

To disable Onboard Audio, go into the BIOS, go to Integrated Peripherals and then under Onboard Audio, change the Enable to Disable. Remember to also remove it from your Device Manager.
    So by disabling anythign relaited to ac97, will by creative sound card work? thnaks for your help =D

=[ i just want my sound to work =[

thanks in advance =D
    Last edited by Gandalf the White; January 24th, 2005 at 11:17 AM.

Angry fSB LIve! audio driver for Compaq 7000

I upgraded my Compaq os from ME to XP PRO and lost the sound. MYtech guy told me that Compaq buys the Blaster card from Creative, then Compaq's tech changes it to Compaq's needs. Solution is to delete the present driver and doanload the original driver for SBLive! from Creative...?!

Hi, I'm experiencing a similar problem:

I was using Win2K and everything worked fine, then I formatted and fresh-installed Win XP (SP2), and I can't get the sound to work. The Windows Audio Service is enabled and automatic. The only soundcard I have is an on-board one. Everest says it is a "Creative SB PCI128 (Ensoniq ES5880) Sound Card PCI", but Win XP seems to think it needs drivers for "Creative AudioPCI (ES1371, ES1373) (WDM)".

Everest has this to say about my motherboard:

Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-7ZX(-1)
    Motherboard ID 62-0502-001199-00101111-071595-KT133$GA7ZX001_7ZX FG

I've installed and uninstalled tonnes of drivers, including the gigabyte 5880 wmd one suggested on another thread. Nothing I do will get the sound to work.

In Device Manager, the following item has a yellow-exclamation-mark icon:
    "Multimedia Audio Controller"

with the error: "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
    To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver."

When I try to reinstall the driver it searches the web, finds the "Creative AudioPCI (ES1371, ES1373) (WDM)" driver, tries to install it, and comes up with an error "The data was invalid", as does every other driver I have tried.

Sorry for the huge text, but I have tried to be as explicit as I could in the first post, so if anybody decides to try and help me, it won't be as frustrating for them

I really appreciate any thoughts you all might have, Thanks a lot!

Welcome to Windrivers Shameek

Have you tried the Audio Driver at Gigabyte here?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Yeah that is the driver I tried (gigabyte 5880) and it fails to fix the sound - I'm just going to get a cheap sound card and disable the on-board one since it sux and obviously it's better to spend $20 for a new card than to waste your time and mine for hours. But it would be good if you could solve the problem for other people that are adverse to buying a new card.

Thanks for the help noonoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Shameek From 212
    Yeah that is the driver I tried (gigabyte 5880) and it fails to fix the sound - I'm just going to get a cheap sound card and disable the on-board one since it sux and obviously it's better to spend $20 for a new card than to waste your time and mine for hours. But it would be good if you could solve the problem for other people that are adverse to buying a new card.

Thanks for the help noonoo!
    Get a c-media based cared - cheap and reliable!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Oh and as for fixing the onboard sound. If it really is a 1371/1373 based card, then windows already has a basic driver for it. People get into a mess when updating the driver.

Alot of things can upset it - often it has to do with the placement of pci cards as the onboard sound shares resources with one or more pci slots. It depends on the manufacturer of the motherboard as to which slot the sound shares with.

Sometimes shutting off the sound in bios and uninstalling the sound drivers and the sound software, rebooting a couple of times and then enabling the sound in bios again will sort it out.

The only fix that I have found with this sound that works every time is to format and install windows - it finds it's basic driver every time... then don't touch it!