Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM) no sound on XP after PC upgrade
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM) no sound on XP after PC upgrade

Registered User Gandalf the White's Avatar

Unhappy Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM) no sound on XP after PC upgrade

I realy need help guys, i have just recently upgraded my Motherboard and RAM and Hardrive. my sound card is a 128 Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM), and there is no sound at all, this is on XP PRO i mean when i upgraded to XP PRO form 98 SE sometime back i had a sound problem were you could just hear flickering sounds but i fixed that by getting a new sound driver by lucky, forgot which one it was now =[ but after i upgraded my PC i get no sound at all now.

can someone help me out alot =[ thanks!

my motherboard is:

Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-7VT600 1394

Also my other system spec's are 512 DDR RAM Athlon XP 1700 and 40 gigabylte maxton hardrive.

Thanks in Advance =D
    Last edited by Gandalf the White; January 22nd, 2005 at 01:58 PM.

When i got my Computer back there is VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller (WDM) ib device manager and on add and remove programs on control panel i didnt have this before i got my comeputer upgarded did that come with the motherboard or whats is it? sorry im new to computers sorta =[

Welcome to the foums Gandalf the White

If you want to use your Creative Audio card, you need to disable the onboard audio from the BIOS

Here are the latest drivers for your motherboard:
    http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/...600%201394.htm
    Last edited by TechZ; January 23rd, 2005 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TechZ
    Welcome to the foums Gandalf the White

If you want to use your Creative Audio card, you need to disable the onboard audio from the BIOS

Here are the latest drivers for your motherboard:
    http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/...600%201394.htm
    thanks for the reply, do i have to downlaod all of them or just the audio and chipset and how do you disable onboard audio threw bois?

thanks in advance

Just audio, although, if you havent installed the others (they should have come on a Driver CD with the motherboard), you should install them.

To disable Onboard Audio, go into the BIOS, go to Integrated Peripherals and then under Onboard Audio, change the Enable to Disable. Remember to also remove it from your Device Manager.

Just audio, although, if you havent installed the others (they should have come on a Driver CD with the motherboard), you should install them.

To disable Onboard Audio, go into the BIOS, go to Integrated Peripherals and then under Onboard Audio, change the Enable to Disable. Remember to also remove it from your Device Manager.
    So by disabling anythign relaited to ac97, will by creative sound card work? thnaks for your help =D

=[ i just want my sound to work =[

thanks in advance =D
    Last edited by Gandalf the White; January 24th, 2005 at 11:17 AM.

Have you disabled the Onboard Audio in the BIOS?

Have you disabled the Onboard Audio in the BIOS?
    Yes I have disbaled the onboard AC7 Audio on BOIS and disabled the device aswel.

what else do i need to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf the White
    what is this sorry im new to computers i had my computer upgraded with an new mother board and suc, with this on it? but the thing about it, it doesnt work there is no sound does this audio realtek thing disbale my craetive SB 128 sound card oh and im on XP PRO. any ideas how to get my sound back? =[

Thanks in Advacne
    Lets approach this a different way. Your m/b specs are here: http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard...600%201394.htm You have Realtek ALC655 AC'97 sound built in to the m/b. Compared to that, SB 128 is absolute crap. Pull it out of the computer and toss it. Uninstall all creative drivers. Enable anything you disabled in device manager. Activate the onboard sound in bios and install the realtek drivers: http://america.giga-byte.com/MotherB...altek_whql.exe
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonsmith
    Lets approach this a different way. Your m/b specs are here: http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard...600%201394.htm You have Realtek ALC655 AC'97 sound built in to the m/b. Compared to that, SB 128 is absolute crap. Pull it out of the computer and toss it. Uninstall all creative drivers. Enable anything you disabled in device manager. Activate the onboard sound in bios and install the realtek drivers: http://america.giga-byte.com/MotherB...altek_whql.exe
    Hey, thanks for the reply do i have to take out the sb 128 of my pc to get ac97 to work, and i think i have those drivers installed, i have disabled Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM) in deivce manager aswell, wehn i got to sound and audio deive protpies it says no audio device and i can't click on device volume. but this happened at the start when i got my computer back form the place i got it upgarded aswell.

On audio in sound play back it lists for each one modem#0, but still no sound so do i have to tsake out the sb 128 sound card?

Yes, take out the sb 128. Make sure that the onboard audio is enabled in bios.

Frankly, if this is over your head you should bring the computer back to the tech that upgraded it. Presumably you paid him to do the job correctly.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Yes, take out the sb 128. Make sure that the onboard audio is enabled in bios.

Frankly, if this is over your head you should bring the computer back to the tech that upgraded it. Presumably you paid him to do the job correctly.
    i have enabled the realtek audio 97 in bois, so if i take out the sb 128 sound card then my sound show work with realtek ac97?

does the sb128 overide my realtek ac97 so that none of them work or soemthing.

thanks in advance

Don't know how many different ways this can be said.

YOU CAN'T HAVE TWO SOUND CARDS ENABLED AT THE SAME TIME. IF THE ONBOARD IS ENABLED YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE ADD-IN. IF YOU WANT TO USE THE ADD-IN YOU MUST DISABLE THE ONBOARD.

Don't know how many different ways this can be said.

YOU CAN'T HAVE TWO SOUND CARDS ENABLED AT THE SAME TIME. IF THE ONBOARD IS ENABLED YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE ADD-IN. IF YOU WANT TO USE THE ADD-IN YOU MUST DISABLE THE ONBOARD.
    ok so i just remove my sb 128 sound card and my sound should work
    then? sorry for the hastle im new to pc's =[

i want my realtek to work so i just remove the sb 128 sound card form the pc and it should work?

Becasue when i unistall the creative sb 128 form deive manager every time i restart the pc it comes up wiht new hardawre found for sb 128 etc.
    Last edited by Gandalf the White; January 27th, 2005 at 11:44 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf the White
    ok so i just remove my sb 128 sound card and my sound should work
    then? sorry for the hastle im new to pc's =[

i want my realtek to work so i just remove the sb 128 sound card form the pc and it should work?

Becasue when i unistall the creative sb 128 form deive manager every time i restart the pc it comes up wiht new hardawre found for sb 128 etc.
    refer to the quote above

"Frankly, if this is over your head you should bring the computer back to the tech that upgraded it. Presumably you paid him to do the job correctly"

do it