Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM) no sound on XP after PC upgrade - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM) no sound on XP after PC upgrade

Registered User Gandalf the White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the boss
    refer to the quote above

"Frankly, if this is over your head you should bring the computer back to the tech that upgraded it. Presumably you paid him to do the job correctly"

do it
    im sorry isn't there a manual way to do it like open up your PC and get rid of the SB 128 like hudsonsmith said, but after that what esle do I do, will then the sound just work?

thanks in advance

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf the White
    im sorry isn't there a manual way to do it like open up your PC and get rid of the SB 128 like hudsonsmith said, but after that what esle do I do, will then the sound just work?

thanks in advance
    1: remove power lead from computer
    2: remove screws holding side case on
    3 locate the soundblater card
    4: remove screw holding card into machine
    5: grap the card and PHISICLY remove it
    6:replace the case
    7: start computer ,enable the onboard sound (in the bios)
    8: load the correct drivers , if requested.

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by the boss
    1: remove power lead from computer
    2: remove screws holding side case on
    3 locate the soundblater card
    4: remove screw holding card into machine
    5: grap the card and PHISICLY remove it
    6:replace the case
    7: start computer ,enable the onboard sound (in the bios)
    8: load the correct drivers , if requested.

thank you
    in bois is the onboard sound the ac79 audio i see that in bois

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf the White
    in bois is the onboard sound the ac79 audio i see that in bois
    refer to your second post

"
    When i got my Computer back there is VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller (WDM) ib device manager and on add and remove programs on control panel i didnt have this before i got my comeputer upgarded did that come with the motherboard or whats is it? sorry im new to computers sorta =["

I phoned the tech and they said they took the SB 128 sound card(didnt even tell me ugh) anyway when i unistall the Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM) from device manager every time i reboot it comes up with new hardware compenets which is the soudn card. the tehc said install the audio form the mothbaord cd they gave me, but all the audio and stuff are alreday installed they even did it. i might of corupted it =[ by installed loads of drievrs for cteative and such. but i got rid of them =[

dunno what to do =[

When i go on volume control it says: There is no active mixer devices avaiable. to install mixer device,go to control panel, click printers and otehr hardware, and then clcik hardware.
    Last edited by Gandalf the White; January 28th, 2005 at 08:55 AM.

Not to be insulting, but bring the computer to the tech. You clearly don't know what you are doing.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hudsonsmith
    Not to be insulting, but bring the computer to the tech. You clearly don't know what you are doing.
    seconded

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonsmith
    is there any other way, i just phoned them and such, oh well =[ when i go on sound and audio tab it says there is no audio device. what do you think is causing the problem?

any Idea's apart form going back to the tech?

They jusy said install the audio driver form the motehrboard disc, but they did that when i got my PC back, how helpful the tech work =[

I also forgot to mention that in device manager i have disbaled sb pci 128 ( i dotn even have the soudnc ard installed and yet every time i reboot the pc it comes up as new comepents....strange) anyway and there is a yellow mark around this deivice "Microsoft WIDMM WDM Audio Compatblity driver".

Thanks in Advance
    Last edited by Gandalf the White; January 28th, 2005 at 12:56 PM.

Angry fSB LIve! audio driver for Compaq 7000

I upgraded my Compaq os from ME to XP PRO and lost the sound. MYtech guy told me that Compaq buys the Blaster card from Creative, then Compaq's tech changes it to Compaq's needs. Solution is to delete the present driver and doanload the original driver for SBLive! from Creative...?!

Hi, I'm experiencing a similar problem:

I was using Win2K and everything worked fine, then I formatted and fresh-installed Win XP (SP2), and I can't get the sound to work. The Windows Audio Service is enabled and automatic. The only soundcard I have is an on-board one. Everest says it is a "Creative SB PCI128 (Ensoniq ES5880) Sound Card PCI", but Win XP seems to think it needs drivers for "Creative AudioPCI (ES1371, ES1373) (WDM)".

Everest has this to say about my motherboard:

Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-7ZX(-1)
    Motherboard ID 62-0502-001199-00101111-071595-KT133$GA7ZX001_7ZX FG

I've installed and uninstalled tonnes of drivers, including the gigabyte 5880 wmd one suggested on another thread. Nothing I do will get the sound to work.

In Device Manager, the following item has a yellow-exclamation-mark icon:
    "Multimedia Audio Controller"

with the error: "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
    To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver."

When I try to reinstall the driver it searches the web, finds the "Creative AudioPCI (ES1371, ES1373) (WDM)" driver, tries to install it, and comes up with an error "The data was invalid", as does every other driver I have tried.

Sorry for the huge text, but I have tried to be as explicit as I could in the first post, so if anybody decides to try and help me, it won't be as frustrating for them

I really appreciate any thoughts you all might have, Thanks a lot!

Welcome to Windrivers Shameek

Have you tried the Audio Driver at Gigabyte here?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Yeah that is the driver I tried (gigabyte 5880) and it fails to fix the sound - I'm just going to get a cheap sound card and disable the on-board one since it sux and obviously it's better to spend $20 for a new card than to waste your time and mine for hours. But it would be good if you could solve the problem for other people that are adverse to buying a new card.

Thanks for the help noonoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Shameek From 212
    Yeah that is the driver I tried (gigabyte 5880) and it fails to fix the sound - I'm just going to get a cheap sound card and disable the on-board one since it sux and obviously it's better to spend $20 for a new card than to waste your time and mine for hours. But it would be good if you could solve the problem for other people that are adverse to buying a new card.

Thanks for the help noonoo!
    Get a c-media based cared - cheap and reliable!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Oh and as for fixing the onboard sound. If it really is a 1371/1373 based card, then windows already has a basic driver for it. People get into a mess when updating the driver.

Alot of things can upset it - often it has to do with the placement of pci cards as the onboard sound shares resources with one or more pci slots. It depends on the manufacturer of the motherboard as to which slot the sound shares with.

Sometimes shutting off the sound in bios and uninstalling the sound drivers and the sound software, rebooting a couple of times and then enabling the sound in bios again will sort it out.

The only fix that I have found with this sound that works every time is to format and install windows - it finds it's basic driver every time... then don't touch it!