What type of "Gaming Controls" do you prefer? - Page 2

View Poll Results: What type of "Gaming Controls" do you prefer?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Joystick

1 7.69%
  • GamePad

4 30.77%
  • Keyboard

7 53.85%
  • Gaming Keyboard/Speed keyboard

1 7.69%
  • I don't play games

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What type of "Gaming Controls" do you prefer?

Cool

I like using a keyboard/mouse combo for some games and a gamepad for most
    (I'm a slightly old scholl gamer that's used to the Nes and sega genisis consoles) I use the basic Logigtech wingman gamepads,could someone tell me where to buy a stronger gamepad that doesn't cost to much somewhere around 15-20$us(the basic wingmans break very easily) I prfer a game pad that has a load of buttons 6on top 4 triggers in the front d-pad and 1analog stick usb connection start button etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TechZ
    my little bro wanted the older belkin pads, was too exp then over here, now the n52 just isnt available and yahoo dont wanna ship to me

Bummer.

That sucks almost as bad as not having access to City of Heroes.

BTW, do NOT get the European version if you want to join us on the US servers.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Keyboard and mouse

I'm strictly a keyboard and mouse man. And, some games just won't do if they don't allow me to control my player completely. No automatic, predefined movements for the player. Yuck! Example, Catwoman. You look where the camera says you can look. And no, catwoman is not my type of game. I was just checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwhitlock
    I'm strictly a keyboard and mouse man. And, some games just won't do if they don't allow me to control my player completely. No automatic, predefined movements for the player. Yuck! Example, Catwoman. You look where the camera says you can look. And no, catwoman is not my type of game. I was just checking it out.

Game reviews all state that this game is near unplayable because of the controls and camera angles problem.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Not a game pad controller at all but I do love my Saitek R440 Wheel for playing rally games. Especially Xpand Rally which I think TechZ suggested way back last year.

It beats the pants off CMR.

Great wheel and great game. I spent eight hours yesterday having a "quick" game.

Thanks TechZ!

emr

Just bought a flight yoke and pedals.
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

Gamepad

I like the mouse/keyboard for very few games, and I prefer my Gamepad to well...everything. If only I could find a gamepad with an XBox-style portioned trigger/throttle. Right now I'm stuck with the Saitek P2500, with is nice and versatile (like a PSX controller) and also has a switch button so you can have two different layouts for the controller and switch without having to search for the key on the keyboard. The force feedback is nice, but noisy and slow compared to the sound...though that is probably because I have a low-end compy. but hey, it plays games

Any idea if Burnout 3 Takedown will be released for PC without a PS2/XBox emulator?

Anyone know of a gamepad for PC (preferrably USB) that has an XBox-style trigger that is portioned/pressure sensative?

Thanks! Gamepads! w00t!
    Sockhatguy
    My specs: 900 MHz AMD T-Bird, Asus K7M Mobo., 256 MB RAM (two 128 MB Kingston SD PC-100), GeCube Radeon 9200 SE 128mb (drivers were impossible to find...still crashes because of them every now and then...i think its them...), Sound Blaster Live! 5.1, new high-speed USB 2.0 card, dual 60 GB HDD's for the heck of it (NTFS), XP Pro SP 2, Mozilla Firefox (Spread Firefox!), single-barrel carberator, Saitek P2500 Rumbleforce, (Yes, the system is dated, but it fits my budget!) - Sockhatguy

Xpand Rally was a great game, it could do with more cars, but there were alot of tracks, they kept the cost down by not using official names.

Still trying to get that n52 pad.

The only control I have ever used are Joysticks on my Atari/C64..

When i started playing flash games,etc on my computer here I started using the keys since I dont have a joystick (A good one) for my computer...

Although I did find an EXACT MATCH to the c64 joysticks I love so much for the computer which im tempted to get!

www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/retro-gaming/2600

Best joysticks ever made