Is the Web a "dark hole" for "lonely" people? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Is the Web a "dark hole" for "lonely" people?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 33.33%
  • No

1 4.76%
  • It may be, if taken to an extreme

12 57.14%
  • Highly unlikely, but possible

2 9.52%
  • Other (explain)

1 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Is the Web a "dark hole" for "lonely" people?

The Internet has in no way alienated me from the real world. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to return to my home in Paragon City, where I am a superhero fighting for justice.

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    Now if you'll excuse me, I have to return to my home in Paragon City, where I am a superhero fighting for justice.
    Ya_see! That is not a dark hole or a dungeon! You're a "real" hero, lighting up the world.

All what the judge said, is a bit like the debate with cannabis & that inducing psychosis or other mental health issues, he says unexpect-ed-ly reeling us back on coarse & hooking back to the subject, instead of baiting all the cod'ers ..

Meaning if you were nutz in the first place, exposure to such things will only make you worse, but its not the cause, its merely something which allows any symptoms to be more evident ..

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    The Internet has in no way alienated me from the real world. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to return to my home in Paragon City, where I am a superhero fighting for justice.
    HAAAA!! Good un!
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    .... My gosh; for as much time as many of us spend online with friends we have found here (or "enemies" ), what does that say about us? ... So, what do you think?
    While I think it's pretty easy for people in the IT industry to stay connected much of the time for legitimate (and goofing off too) I think there are real sickos out there on the internet.

There's this forum I used to spend most of my online (goof off) time at that became some whack job's personal playground. He spent nearly 24/7 on that site, had to reply to almost every thread, whether he was actually contributing or not. And he mostly just posted links. Advice was something he was short on. Now there's someone with a problem. I'm sure many people have met someone like that online.

I think the Internet does have a tendency to cloud people's judgement, especially if that wasn't their strong suit to begin with. It does take a lot of willpower to keep the Internet from taking over your life, even if you are perfectly normal.

Innocence has its own nievity in many ares.
    A new PC user has to grow up and learn like a new driver where class one is learning not to drive on the motorway without knowing how to read the road signs.