I said I would, so here it is... - Page 2

View Poll Results: Turn it back on or leave it off?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep post count turned off in the lounge

20 43.48%
  • Put post count back on in the lounge

26 56.52%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: I said I would, so here it is...

Quote Originally Posted by DiR[ëctory]
    BANDWIDTH?!

It's a large font not a picture....
    LMAO!! Ha! I was just looking for a reaction out of you. Anyway, sorry Dir. Just messin around.
    Hello World

Leave it off. That-a-way it'll take me until at least retirement age to reach 1,000 posts.

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imaeditedbysowulo
    That's the reason I quit helping out in the tech forums. People just sitting around waiting to jump on someone for giving bad advice. Pretty small.
    I hear_ya iam - I used to help out as much as possible, but things have changed here and I got tired of getting slammed every time I tried to help.

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    At least the guy is trying to help out. Good thing nobody that posts here has EVER given misleading or uninformed advice. That's the reason I quit helping out in the tech forums. People just sitting around waiting to jump on someone for giving bad advice. Pretty small.

I take it that 'the boss' is freddy's new name?
    You know, you're right. I got up every day and flew to my computer just so I could catch someone giving bad advice.

I was using that to illustrate my point. You quit helping other people because you were giving out bad advice and got called on it?? Be a duck, let it roll off your back.

I didn't flame the guy in the post. I just posted the correct answer. Sorry if you were offended.

Edit: I just read the rest of that thread. I'm being small and Freddy?'s post gets no mention from you? You're killing me.
    Last edited by MobilePCPhysician; February 9th, 2005 at 11:11 PM.
    Sergeant WOTPP

I dont look to criticize bad advice, after all people give advice based on what they know, so no one has all the answers, we all make mistakes (i make plenty, but I keep posting.)

I didnt say anything about Rich1's post, well...I just didnt want to I guess. I gave the answer and moved on.

Registered User imaeditedbysowulo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MobilePCPhysician
    You know, you're right. I got up every day and flew to my computer just so I could catch someone giving bad advice.

I was using that to illustrate my point. You quit helping other people because you were giving out bad advice and got called on it?? Be a duck, let it roll off your back.

I didn't flame the guy in the post. I just posted the correct answer. Sorry if you were offended.

Edit: I just read the rest of that thread. I'm being small and Freddy?'s post gets no mention from you? You're killing me.

A: I was never flamed for giving bad advice. For me to get flamed I would have to have given out bad advice. That just doesn't happen. I just got tired of seeing other people get bashed constantly by people that think their s*** doesn't stink.

B: I was referring to Freddy, not you. If I was referring to you I would have either quoted you or mentioned you by name. If you reread my post you will notice that only one person's name was mentioned.

Quack quack.
    WWBRD?

Leave it off and turn all post counts back to zero

Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Leave it off and turn all post counts back to zero
    this option gets my vote
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

At least the guy is trying to help out. Good thing nobody that posts here has EVER given misleading or uninformed advice. That's the reason I quit helping out in the tech forums. People just sitting around waiting to jump on someone for giving bad advice. Pretty small.
    Bad advice comes in different flavors. A lone user will be taken with a grain of salt. But a Moderator will be taken seriously, and as a first post in the thread, his advice may have been utilized unnecessarily. It’s absolutely OK to say, hey, I think your advice is wrong when it is, or even if you only think it is, that’s what a forum environment is all about.

And Come down off of your high horse will you? If you don’t want to give advice here that’s fine, but don’t start with the finger pointing, and blaming other people for your decision. It’s a crock. As Mobile said, no is sitting around waiting to pounce on you.

Well, really, I think the experiment was skewed by other events. Unless the numbers can be presented as Tech Posts & Total Posts, which comes up a bit messy, then I vote for going back to how it was. It seems to be important to some and ambivalent to the rest.

So I guess that makes me ambiguous?

Even though the prefix “ambi-” means “both,” “ambiguous” has come to mean “unclear,” “undefined,” while “ambivalent” means “torn between two opposing feelings or views.” If your attitude cannot be defined into two polarized alternatives, then you’re ambiguous, not ambivalent.
    http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~brians/errors/ambiguous.html

Post counts back as they were & I'd like 'tech stars' back to distinguish for new posters 'who knows' & who don't ..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    Post counts back as they were & I'd like 'tech stars' back to distinguish for new posters 'who knows' & who don't ..
    'who knows' & who don't ..

**** , you have to be management and have "administrator" ,,,after your name

stick to the gameboy richard1

Quote Originally Posted by the boss
    'who knows' & who don't ..

**** , you have to be management and have "administrator" ,,,after your name

stick to the gameboy richard1
    heya freddy!
    (_|_) I AM EDITED BY WEBHEAD (_|_)

I want my MTV!

Oh, sorry, wrong thread. Turn the post count back on please.

As for the advice given here: As in all things, take it with a grain of salt.

Even Flatlander advice!
    The Moral Majority is neither.

Master Sargent - WOTPP