Nominations Debate - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Nominations Debate

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver
    Anyone that asks to be a mod is disqualified for life (and probably would never be considered anyway).
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    When I was asked the first thing I said was:
    I think you need to re-read what Macgyver said.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    When I was asked
    Not that it really matters, but in Richard1's announcement, he stated that you volunteered, so I assume you are saying he was wrong?

He was distracted by the brown on his nose

Anyone that asks to be a mod is disqualified for life (and probably would never be considered anyway).
    Can I please be a mod?
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayward Clam
    Can I please be a mod?
    LOL!!!

Hey....me too!

What is this Mod thing you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute
    Not that it really matters, but in Richard1's announcement, he stated that you volunteered, so I assume you are saying he was wrong?
    Well no, not at all of course.
    When you are asked to do something for someone or something. for no remumnration whatsoever, and you accept, that is called:
    volunteering.
    Is there something about volunteering you don't understand?

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    When you are asked to do something for someone or something. for no remumnration whatsoever, and you accept, that is called:
    volunteering.
    A condescending mod. Great. This is going to be tougher than anticipated.

You asked for the position first. You initiated the idea. Then, when you were asked if you wanted to do it, you say they asked you, and were surprised.

Every regular here knows what's up. You mod two obscure sections, with very little traffic.

Don't expect respect because of the "position". Don't feel it gives you more freedom to talk to people different.

Now, that you're a "mod", you should keep a low profile, and only offer encouragement and praise, and keep your opinions to yourself. Post all the tech help you can.

Oh, yeah. Just in case you don't understand the meaning of "condescending", I have included the definition. See number 2.

con·de·scend ( P ) Pronunciation Key (knd-snd)
    intr.v. con·de·scend·ed, con·de·scend·ing, con·de·scends
    1. To descend to the level of one considered inferior; lower oneself. See Synonyms at stoop1.
    2. To deal with people in a patronizingly superior manner.
    Sergeant WOTPP

To tell the truth, the toughest part of this all is not having the "freedom" to talk to people as I did before.

Plus, I notice that you, of all people, are telling ME how to be a mod of two obscure forums. So, exactly what is your problem with that? Is it really that big of a deal for you?
    Last edited by TripleRLtd; March 6th, 2005 at 11:54 PM.

As a mod on another site, when we are looking for a new mod, we basically look for somebody who doesn't want to be one. Anyone that asks to be a mod is disqualified for life (and probably would never be considered anyway).

It's a lot more fun that way, too. All of the sudden one day, you have a whole lot more options and about 20 private messages and complete information overload.

My two Canadian cents.
    And I'm guessing that those who get chosen over there, get chosen based on community respect, knowledge, ability, etc. Those are the kind of leaders I usually look up to and have respect for. Not the ones that go behind the scenes, brown-nose and manage to sneak their way in, in yet another attempt to seek attention and stir up drama. Oh well.
    Hello World

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    To tell the truth, the toughest part of this all is not having the "freedom" to talk to people as I did before.

Plus, I notice that you, of all people, are telling ME how to be a mod of two obscure forums. So, exactly what is your problem with that? Is it really that big of a deal for you?
    Please refer to my previous post. I said you were being condescending to 3fs. Your reply was not appropriate for a mod. You provide no reply.

I'm not telling you how to be a mod of two obscure forums. I'm offering you advice on how to be a successful mod on the rest of the forums.

And yes, I guess It is a big deal to me, and alot of other people. This is so not personal, but you will just take it that way. I am happy for you, that you got to be a mod, which is what you so wanted. Would you have been willing to be a mod under a new identity? I think not. It's about a perceived sense of power.

Everytime you post, you post as a mod. Not as TripleRLTD, like you did before. You are held to a higher standard. Higher than the standard you got banned for before.

You might want to drop the "Randy Moss" smilie from your favorites also. :butt:
    Sergeant WOTPP

volunteering.
    My point here is Trip, that you're starting off on a bad foot to gain back community respect by implying that the new admins waltzed into WD, took a look around, and said "let's ask Trip to be a mod."

Everybody knows you volunteered your services to them first, but now you're trying to convince us it was a big shock to you and came totally unexpected when you were "asked" to be a mod.

If you want to be a mod and be looked upon with respect and authority, dishonesty is not the best way to start.

btw, thanks Trip. Replies like that only further illustrate my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayward Clam
    And just what is wrong with a mother being proud of her daughter?

I don't see any of you condemning the Friday Boobie threads, are you suggesting now that those are somehow dirty? Cause they're certainly a lot more racy than that picture of Krissy is.
    Strangely enough…although I TOTALLY see Kato’s point, I don’t see anything wrong with the posted pictures.

I too, would never post pictures of my kids, but then, I wouldn’t post a picture of myself on here either. That’s just cause I’m a paranoid freak, and I know that Jitbob can’t wait to gratify himself while plastering blown up pict’s of me all over his bedroom ceiling…so I have a right to be paranoid…

Mayet, you’re proud, and have plenty to be proud of, kudo’s to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    and I know that Jitbob can’t wait to gratify himself while plastering blown up pict’s of me all over his bedroom ceiling

Damn, someone's a little full of themselves I see.

In response to my nomination

I must admit to being flattered and touched by the vote of confidence some have voiced by proposing me for moderator here. Thank you all.

But I must decline at this time, for the following reasons:
    • Unemployed at this time / not actively involved in IT
    • Currently moderator at 2 other forums (3, if I count my own City of Heroes website) - 1 position of which I am currently quitting also
    • Wished to spend less time in forums in general, not more
    • Other personal reasons
    Thank you all for the offer, and my sincere appreciation goes out to the indefatigable NooNoo and the old guard (you guys rule) and I give my best wishes for the new blood.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams