If you were to die today do you know where you would go? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were to die today do you know where you would go?

I think that he posted this here to invite comment and now that he has comment those that disagree with him are lambasted? Nope, that ain't right.

Faith = Belief in that which you cannot see

Religion = How you worship your higher power, i.e., the mechanisim's of bowing, kneeling, fasting, ect.

I have faith and do not need YOUR religion.
    The Moral Majority is neither.

Master Sargent - WOTPP

my "philosophy" is that name any "religion" and im going to hell in it.

Pick one over another and you are surly doommed if you chose wrong.

Based on that why bother, chances are good im going to hell any way. That and according to the bible only 144000 will get in any way, im sure its full by now, unless they have only been accepting saints.

Also, im sure im in purgatory now, having to deal with users has to be punishment for somthing I did in a past life!
    Powered by: AMD Opeteron 175, 2 GB Mushkin XP4000, eVGA 7800 GT CO OC SLI, Creative X-Fi, WD25000 RAID 0, Plextor 716-SA, Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, Enermax Liberty 620, Zalman 9500 HS

Quote Originally Posted by RejectionMan
    my "philosophy" is that name any "religion" and im going to hell in it.

Pick one over another and you are surly doommed if you chose wrong.

Based on that why bother, chances are good im going to hell any way. That and according to the bible only 144000 will get in any way, im sure its full by now, unless they have only been accepting saints.

Also, im sure im in purgatory now, having to deal with users has to be punishment for somthing I did in a past life!
    What about the rest of us????
    "It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine!"

I was touched...by the power...on my unit...in broad daylight. Starring Lou Diamond Philips.

That and according to the bible only 144000 will get in any way, im sure its full by now, unless they have only been accepting saints.
    They need more real estate up there
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something

I got a bridge for sale and it starts with a B
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Registered User Commander Klarg's Avatar
    StoVoKor, of course.
    Here comes the revolution; time for the retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    What about the rest of us????
    as the jhovas wittnesses they seem to have all the answers regarding the limitations.
    Powered by: AMD Opeteron 175, 2 GB Mushkin XP4000, eVGA 7800 GT CO OC SLI, Creative X-Fi, WD25000 RAID 0, Plextor 716-SA, Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, Enermax Liberty 620, Zalman 9500 HS

as the jhovas wittnesses they seem to have all the answers regarding the limitations.
    It's heaven not Studio 54!

...according to the bible only 144000 will get in any way, ...

Not quite true.

Look it up.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

"If you were to die today do you know where you would go?"

Knowing my luck recently, I'd be kept outside the pearly gates fixing St Peter's old pentium 75 get on highspeed internet while it's heavily infected with all sorts of little demons...
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Adept, there is a difference between the way you discuss your beliefs and what this guy just did. To pop in un announced and to start preaching at people is Pointless. If you're trying to educate people to your point of view, that attempt will only geberate contempt.

As for christianity. I was raised in a christian family, and lived as a christian for my entire life. It's just been recently that i've been looking through other religious and mythical text that i have found the the bible draws on books that were written before it was. And the biggest things i have found recently by evaluating my life is that there was too little sense in the events of my life for there to be some devine plan behind my existance. And the whole notiion of when things are bad in your life it's because you're being challenged, or punished, but when things are good it's not because you fought to obtain the small measure of happiness you've found, no god gave it to you. It just seems to belittle my struggles to get there. In the end i've found that i am not a godly man anymore, there is too much ambiguity about it, I however retain the moral constitution i was raides with in a christian home, so i have bercome a man of honour, not a man of god.
    Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.
    Sun-tzu (~400 BC), The Art of War. Emptiness and Fullness

It's interesting how two people can start out on the same road, but end up taking opposite paths. I was also raised in a christian home, never gave God too much thought while I was growing up, till I started to go through some really hard times, I couldn't make sense of it, I had nowhere to turn, but I started reading the bible, for myself, seeking for something, I don't really know what, and I grew closer to my faith, but because I wanted to, if I hadn't wanted to follow god, then that would have been my choice .

Then and now, if anyone tries to push upon me that their way is right and my way is wrong, it's instinct to tell em to back off, I am not about to have anybody tell me what to think, thats where ki went wrong, going to a group of people whom you've never met, and telling them they have to convert to your religion or they'll burn in hell for the rest of eternity...sharing you're religion is one thing, trying to scare people into converting is another, all that serves to do is to pervert the code christians live by.
    Last edited by Lost; March 16th, 2005 at 07:12 AM.
    A why the hell do I have an A in my sig.??

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    Not quite true.

Look it up.
    Found this while looking it up at BibleGateway.com...

Revelation 14

The Lamb and the 144,000

1Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads. 2And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps. 3And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. 4These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they kept themselves pure. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among men and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb. 5No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless.

Interesting read... Soooo back to my question.... what about the rest of us?????
    "It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lost
    I was also raised in a christian home, never gave God too much thought while I was growing up, till I started to go through some really hard times, I couldn't make sense of it, I had nowhere to turn, but I started reading the bible, for myself, seeking for something, I don't really know what, and I grew closer to my faith, but because I wanted to, if I hadn't wanted to follow god, then that would have been my choice .
    Now that's the sort of post that would make me think more about the bible than the first post in this thread, by a long way.
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something