If you were to die today do you know where you would go? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were to die today do you know where you would go?

Mmmm the 144,000 eh? Perhaps the rest of us are already dead and living in hell? Sure is hot in here today
    "Today is a Gift, thats why they call it the present"

Iceman, the book of revalations, is an abstract vie on the end of the world, it is speaking of the fall of rome in the context of the end of the world. Sort of one giant metaphor.

That is if i remember correctly.

Lost, i can understand where you came from. The one thing that got me is that i was always sincere about being a christian, but it was the people who pretended to be rightous and then snuck around and did what they wanted anyway were the peole who were respected as "good christian examples" the hypocrisy and intolerance of religion in general is part of what has soured me to it (not everyone is, but there are many). The way i saw it was that i was honestly trying to be sincere and was an outcast, and the hypocrites were the members in good standing. And i've had a rough road with alot of things because i always tried to help people, and became a doormat. The final striking lie for me is i found a lie in one of the primary principles that i was tought. I was tought that life as a christian may be difficuly, but god would not let us be challenged beyond our means. Well i was challenged beyond my means, and the only reason I'm still around is because i had some very good friends (none of them were my christian friends but the so called "hethens") who helped me pick up the pieces. That is when i gave up, i not look at religion as a good set of ideals, but a crutch that many people use so they do not have to live their own lives, or justification to look down their noses at people. Like i said i'm speaking generally, my family is still very religious, and i still have christian friends. I live my life much the same way i did before i lost my faith, but i do it now because it's the right thing to do, not because I'm trying to get into heaven.
    Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.
    Sun-tzu (~400 BC), The Art of War. Emptiness and Fullness

Banned
    I keep seeing all these demons but no one belives me

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    I keep seeing all these demons but no one belives me
    I hate to break it to you but 'Buffy' isn't real & that thing with the three cute witches ? it's all made up too ..

Quote Originally Posted by Khazad
    Iceman, the book of revalations, is an abstract vie on the end of the world, it is speaking of the fall of rome in the context of the end of the world. Sort of one giant metaphor.

That is if i remember correctly.

Checked with someone "In the know"-

Ok, Revelation 14 = 144,000 goto heaven

Earlier in Revelation (chapter 7?)talks of "Great Multitude" who make it thourgh Armegeddon

These go on to live on Paradise earth, as was intended for Adam and Eve.

Later Resurrection to same Paradise for those who died faithful.

And, get this, no Hell!
    Hell= common grave of mankind, not the fiery burny place.

Ahhhh.... now I can sleep.
    "It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine!"

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where
    Quote Originally Posted by RejectionMan
    That and according to the bible only 144000 will get in any way, im sure its full by now, unless they have only been accepting saints.
    Thought that bit was something to do with enduring hell through a v32 modem?

Hey, if they're right, I'm going to hell, have been for many, many years.

Personally, I got my beliefs, you got yours - you wanna hear about mine? Funny that, cause I don't give a flying **** about yours either.

.ki. give me your street address and I'll drop round, return the favour and tell you how screwed you are in my view of the afterlife sometime while you're trying to just surf the net and unwind.
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    I hate to break it to you but 'Buffy' isn't real & that thing with the three cute witches ? it's all made up too ..
    Nooooooooooo, you lie

Quote Originally Posted by Outcoded
    .ki. give me your street address and I'll drop round, return the favour and tell you how screwed you are in my view of the afterlife sometime while you're trying to just surf the net and unwind.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Nooooooooooo, you lie
    I don't lie ! ..but no charming my way out with this ?
    or how about an 'unusual angle' of buffy to make up for it a bit ?

I have faith the sun will come up tomorrow. A long time ago, that was believed to be a guy riding a burning chariot through the sky... We've since made observations to the contrary. So my life is not without faith, show me something I can believe in and I'll believe. Unfortunately a really really old book translated from a very old language that has certainly changed since the writing of the book is not something I can put faith in. It's like watching a movie with subtitles... there is always something lost in the translation. who knows... maybe one of the guys writing the book accidently added an extra zero so it's really 14,400.
    And lets consider the fact, lets says Jesus returns to do his thing again... I'd bet he'd be either thrown into psychiatric ward or be experimented on by the government to discover how he walks on water or something...

But seriously... I have faith and as Kato said, I respect other religions and stuff. I even go further and say I even respect those that try to convert me... but think about it... those religions bent on the 144,000... I would assume there have been more than 144,000 people in their church by now.... so... is it a lottery? whoever send this email to 25 people in the next 5 minutes will recieve eternal salvation?

Either way whenever I delve into a religious debate, if I can make someone jsut stop and think if even for a second, "hey, maybe yer... no... no... yer wrong" I've done my job... think for yourself, make yer own decisions, don't follow something just because you've been told to... I'm happy with my life as it is... I don't thank god... I don't thank anyone but myself for getting here... cept maybe the guys who sign my pay cheques... speaking of which... I got a sick computer to heal.......
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    I don't lie ! ..but no charming my way out with this ?
    or how about an 'unusual angle' of buffy to make up for it a bit ?

That show would be watchable for 3 or 4 minutes if they were topless, and that would be it.
    Sergeant WOTPP

Quote Originally Posted by MobilePCPhysician
    Cleetus, someone's at the door, and it's for you....

OMG funny. LOL!!!

Yeah anyway, keep the thread civil.

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where
    New condition cyberevangalistic religious extremist obsessive.
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up

Quote Originally Posted by Outcoded
    New condition cyberevangalistic religious extremist obsessive.
    omg, outcoded, you are sober! There is no way you could have "typed" that drunk...

outcoded has a very well trained voice to text system...
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Nooooooooooo, you lie
    Hope nobody's mentioned the truth about the "Easter Bunny" yet ...