Something for Halo fans.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Something for Halo fans.

Something for Halo fans.

Its funny, or so I hear, Im downloading them now.

Around 33 episodes at the moment all up for free download. (both avi and mov format)

http://public.www.planetmirror.com/p...ue/index2.html

The Blood Gulch Chronicles [2003]

In the time between the Covenant invasion of the outer planets (Halo) and the subsequent alien invasion of Earth (Halo 2), there was a brief period of civil war among the human marines. Places like Sidewinder, Derelict and Chiron TL34 were the sites of fierce battles where red and blue warriors fought for control of mankind's future. The Blood Gulch Chronicles tell the story of the men stationed in a desolate outpost as they fight for control of the universe's most strategic dry creek bed in the middle of a box canyon.

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    If it werent for the Halo factor involved, I might take a look at it. But I hate Halo more than any other game. So no....
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Dreamer
    If it werent for the Halo factor involved, I might take a look at it. But I hate Halo more than any other game. So no....
    Any? Aquaman? MaryKate and Ashleys Super Fun Adventure? American Idol the video game? I can believe not caring for it, but hate? I thought it was really well done, with a good solid story.
    A why the hell do I have an A in my sig.??

Halo was a good game RD! Whats wrong with it?

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    I just dont think it even closely lived up to the hype. It ran like crap and didnt even look that great. I played both the xbrick and pc version, and while the xbrick version sucked, the PC version sucked even more
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical Dreamer
    I just dont think it even closely lived up to the hype. It ran like crap and didnt even look that great. I played both the xbrick and pc version, and while the xbrick version sucked, the PC version sucked even more
    That is your bad opinion, and it is wrong

I have to....agree...with...cleetus!!!

RD, Halo was a very good game. I guess you just didnt like it. For most of us tho, it was pretty darn good.

Me too. IMHO Halo was a groundbreaking game when it was released. I still play Halo online at least once a week and Halo 2 on Xbox live, although the CTF version they kind of hosed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1
    Me too. IMHO Halo was a groundbreaking game when it was released. I still play Halo online at least once a week and Halo 2 on Xbox live, although the CTF version they kind of hosed up.
    Groundbreaking? For console, I guess. Everything it did had already been done on PC several years prior.

It was a mediocre singleplayer game and a pretty good multiplayer game. Textures were crap, gameplay was completely linear and extremely repetitive. Multiplay opened things up as the infantry-vehicles dynamic was very well done. Still though, reference Tribes/Tribes2; it had been done before.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    Groundbreaking? For console, I guess. Everything it did had already been done on PC several years prior.

It was a mediocre singleplayer game and a pretty good multiplayer game. Textures were crap, gameplay was completely linear and extremely repetitive. Multiplay opened things up as the infantry-vehicles dynamic was very well done. Still though, reference Tribes/Tribes2; it had been done before.
    Blah, blah, blah, you are wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    Blah, blah, blah, you are wrong
    Why am I wrong? What about Halo was fresh and imaginative? The levels weren't repetitive? I was just hallucinating when I fought through the same stretch of tunnel/ship/installation four and five times? The textures weren't bland thanks to being limited by the piddling amount of memory available on the XBox? Tribes 2 didn't integrate the same sorts of vehicles into gameplay seven months before Halo?

Tribes 2, Released March 2001

Halo, Released November 2001

Do you notice any similarities? Halo multiplay was inspired by Tribes.

Halo was fun multiplayer, but it wasn't revolutionary unless you had been ignoring PC games.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger

Halo was fun multiplayer, but it wasn't revolutionary unless you had been ignoring PC games.
    Which I do, PC games are a bore, a waste, and aren't anything as good as console.

Banned
    Trash it all you really want, for many of us, Halo was a great game, it caused or helped many of us decide which console to get. I have spent countless fun hours playing the game.

Halo 2 came out and it was the first game I ever got the first day. IT was beyond worth it, I was completly drawn in on the whole story. I was clapping when the game ended with Master Sergeant talking to the Admiral.

I am so sorry it didn't come up to your expectations and that while you can purchase every game that comes out then go over them in such detail years later that you have no more simple enjoyment in a fun game. If you don't like it, please, just walk away and stop bashing a lot of people who were obviously positivily influenced by this game. Just because it is popular and enjoyed doesn't mean that it is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    Trash it all you really want, for many of us, Halo was a great game, it caused or helped many of us decide which console to get. I have spent countless fun hours playing the game.

Halo 2 came out and it was the first game I ever got the first day. IT was beyond worth it, I was completly drawn in on the whole story. I was clapping when the game ended with Master Sergeant talking to the Admiral.

I am so sorry it didn't come up to your expectations and that while you can purchase every game that comes out then go over them in such detail years later that you have no more simple enjoyment in a fun game. If you don't like it, please, just walk away and stop bashing a lot of people who were obviously positivily influenced by this game. Just because it is popular and enjoyed doesn't mean that it is bad.
    The multiplayer was pretty good. Simple, intuitive, and the vehicles worked very well. I imagine co-op was a blast, but I never managed that. It goes down as a pretty good game, but not a great one and certainly not a revolutionary classic. 7/10 when judged against prior PC games.

Richard1 said ground breaking and I said no. Tribes2 broke that ground months prior to Halo's release and several other games had incorporated several of the same elements. Now, is repetition always a bad thing? No, Tribes2 was mostly fun, as was Halo multiplayer. There is nothing wrong with making a fun but formulaic game. There is also nothing groundbreaking about it.

Banned
    Was Tribes 2 originally a single console game that almost single handidly made that console in its early years?