Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
Trash it all you really want, for many of us, Halo was a great game, it caused or helped many of us decide which console to get. I have spent countless fun hours playing the game.

Halo 2 came out and it was the first game I ever got the first day. IT was beyond worth it, I was completly drawn in on the whole story. I was clapping when the game ended with Master Sergeant talking to the Admiral.

I am so sorry it didn't come up to your expectations and that while you can purchase every game that comes out then go over them in such detail years later that you have no more simple enjoyment in a fun game. If you don't like it, please, just walk away and stop bashing a lot of people who were obviously positivily influenced by this game. Just because it is popular and enjoyed doesn't mean that it is bad.
The multiplayer was pretty good. Simple, intuitive, and the vehicles worked very well. I imagine co-op was a blast, but I never managed that. It goes down as a pretty good game, but not a great one and certainly not a revolutionary classic. 7/10 when judged against prior PC games.

Richard1 said ground breaking and I said no. Tribes2 broke that ground months prior to Halo's release and several other games had incorporated several of the same elements. Now, is repetition always a bad thing? No, Tribes2 was mostly fun, as was Halo multiplayer. There is nothing wrong with making a fun but formulaic game. There is also nothing groundbreaking about it.