Copyright discussion - calling DA !!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Copyright discussion - calling DA !!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    I'm not miffed, not one bit, but it seems as if DA is or might be, so rather than give you & your fellow stirrer more opportunity to enjoy yourselves, I thought it better that this got closed, as its apparent to me at least, that DA didn't see the smilies & therefore didn't 'crack on' (as you seem suddenly very well versed in UK slang) - but no the wooden spoon team turned up looking for some work ! - your reverse blame tactics are also, sadly far too familiar
    Are you anti american boy? :butt:

Chill yo, it's St Patty's, green beer and drunk poeples everyehweryer

I'm not miffed, not one bit, but it seems as if DA is or might be, so rather than give you & your fellow stirrer more opportunity to enjoy yourselves, I thought it better that this got closed, as its apparent to me at least, that DA didn't see the smilies & therefore didn't 'crack on' (as you seem suddenly very well versed in UK slang) - but no the wooden spoon team turned up looking for some work ! - your reverse blame tactics are also, sadly far too familiar
    Well, we don't even know that DA is truly miffed, but you certainly catered the beginning of this thread and the majority of your replies in a manor that would facilitate just that. DA may have just been calling YOU out, pointing out the very things Cleetus and I have been advocating. Or perhaps, he’s on a completely different sheet of music, and we are all wrong…

Why don't you rethink your recent replies, and perhaps, instead of searching hard and wide for ways to piss anyone and everyone off, pick the humane response, and apologize for being over zealous at times...

Banned
    Ok, I am slow, just read that edit...

Did my crotchety post really come off as that much of an attack rather then a playful jab?

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    ..d perhaps, instead of searching hard and wide for ways to piss anyone and everyone off, pick the humane response, and apologize for being over zealous at times...
    So huh ? I do a 'funny', DA fails to 'get it', you two show up & stir & stir & stir some more, & I'm the one who's meant to apologise ? That's a brilliant bit of logic, even for you !

If you were as good at reading intent as you think you are, instead of just assuming one that fits your view, you'd fathom out that, I was trying to make it clear, that despite what DA seems to believe & has on public view in his signature, he has no real copyright whatsoever on whatever may be published here (platypus seems to think he/us/everyone still to some extent 'owns it' {their own posts}), but I think not in practical terms ..

& I know this to be the case, as members previously have 'chucked a huffy' & asked for their posts to be removed when leaving (as any posts are 'theirs' ) yet they are still here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    Ok, I am slow, just read that edit...

Did my crotchety post really come off as that much of an attack rather then a playful jab?
    Read it all again & maybe on the third time you'll get it all - I wasn't biting at you, I was saying any 'playful jabs' were aimed at the wrong person ..

Confused, you don't get it at all. Your reply to DA, the one I started my first reply having quoted, that one was where all of this started. You claim that you were trying to "soften" things up, and be sure everyone had an understanding of your "intent", but reality is, you are NEVER clear about your intent, and your cynical sarcasm can be easily construed as insult, rather than playful, especially with your "softening up" replys. I know, I do the same thing too...what's the old saying..."can't bullsh!t a bullsh!ter..."

Anyway, my point is, you pushed on the wrong dude, he obviously wasn't looking to play with you like I normally do. So, do you get it yet?

Banned
    Confused, you don't get it at all. Your reply to DA, the one I started my first reply having quoted, that one was where all of this started. You claim that you were trying to "soften" things up, and be sure everyone had an understanding of your "intent", but reality is, you are NEVER clear about your intent, and your cynical sarcasm can be easily construed as insult, rather than playful, especially with your "softening up" replys. I know, I do the same thing too...what's the old saying..."can't bullsh!t a bullsh!ter..."

Anyway, my point is, you pushed on the wrong dude, he obviously wasn't looking to play with you like I normally do. So, do you get it yet?
    Remember he is an old man, you might have to speak up a little bit

Confused, you don't get it at all. Your reply to DA, the one I started my first reply having quoted, that one was where all of this started...

DA made to me what seemed a 'sharp remark' & I replied 'in kind' complete with smilies, then you & Cleetus turned up & started this fool attempt to make far more from a simple misunderstanding than need be.

Banned
    DA made to me what seemed a 'sharp remark' & I replied 'in kind' complete with smilies, then you & Cleetus turned up & started this fool attempt to make far more from a simple misunderstanding than need be.
    So then it really was a complaint from the beginning and you weren't just talking smack yourself with the entire intent of the thread?

Come on old man, you don't have us that confus-ed yet...

His "sharp remark" was a reply to that of your original creation of this BS thread questioning his capacity to follow rules as, after all he is a moderator. What that basically boils down to in military terms, since I know you can relate, is insubordination and disrespect on your part. And seeing as how despite your lude attempt at “humor” at his expense, he did humor you with a forthright justification of his signature. To which you made no acknowledgement towards, only to the “sharpness” of his remark. I say kudos to him, and a swift boot to you’re a$$ is called for…You still don’t get it…

Banned
    Can we hang him for insubordination?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    Can we hang him for insubordination?
    Hangin's too good for him, I say we get Trip to pluck his pubi's...

Banned
    Hangin's too good for him, I say we get Trip to pluck his pubi's...
    That is just cruel and way over the top.....

I like it

YOu know what? I'm gonna lock this thread... DA can then post in it to clear up all your assumptions about how da feels and thinks if he wants to....
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."