Ladies ! ... explain this 'shoe fetish' stuff please !
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ladies ! ... explain this 'shoe fetish' stuff please !

Talking Ladies ! ... explain this 'shoe fetish' stuff please !

..You can never have enough shoes or handbags ..
    Ok, my current lady (I'm far too old for 'girlfriends' now sadly ) .. has this 'thing' about shoes & practically every woman I can think of seems to be the same, yet she is convinced (as again, is seemingly practically every woman ) that her feet are some strange abnormality that require covering up ..

So why the hell does she have like 50+ pairs of shoes ? & why are shoes such a 'need' ? .. handbags seem to be another thing while we are on this subject - is it also 'necessary' to have 'loads' of them ?

So I thoroughly don't get this shoe & handbag cleptomania/fetish ! .. so go on then ladies, I'm only a 'stupid man' (I know you think that about us all ! ) you'll have to explain ..

This is all the male of the species fault. They require us to "look beautiful and fresh". Therefore we have to spend all our time buying new clothes to keep the look fresh. New clothes means that shoes and handbag must match not only the outfit but must also deal with the praticalities of the occasion.

If your lady wore a lovely outfit to a cocktail party with shoes that did not match, it would not be long before you would notice your fellow males wondering why she spent all that money on a dress and then couldn't be bothered to finish off the look... the logical answer is because she couldn't afford it, therefore reflecting on your generousity.

If you lot quit drooling over matchstick thin girls in stillettos, then there would be no pressure for the rest of us to emulate the look.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Gimme a good pair of tennis shoes and jeans and its all good. :thumbu:

So -ed, I don't get it either!
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

Quote Originally Posted by PuterGeekGirl
    ..So -ed, I don't get it either!
    Oh don't tell me that .. I was about to 'let rip' on Noo for blaming all of this on men !

Men are simple souls compared to women ( I can hear you, btw ladies - all laughing your bits off thinking "ain't you just ?" ) & I was hoping for some 'better explain' ..

I can't make the connection as yet between wanting to look like Kate Moss & seeming to need a bigger shoe collection than Imelda Marcos

Banned
    Because with feminism and the empowerment of the female half of the species things changed. Fashion actually moved from a male centered thing over to the female. Heck look back in the day, men dressed up for everything, look at us now, we are slobs.

Now, with women taking over fashion and giving themselves more options plus having more buying power we see the truth of the female. They are a million times more competitive then the males. The must show themselves to be the best possible carrier of the best male's seed and they will do anything to take out the competition. The more clothes, the more styles require them to coordinate more of their clothes to look better then the other female that might catch that better man. It is a race to be better then the next female.

Women are pure evil, too bad I like them way to damn much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    Because with feminism and the empowerment of the female half of the species things changed. Fashion actually moved from a male centered thing over to the female. Heck look back in the day, men dressed up for everything, look at us now, we are slobs.

Now, with women taking over fashion and giving themselves more options plus having more buying power we see the truth of the female. They are a million times more competitive then the males. The must show themselves to be the best possible carrier of the best male's seed and they will do anything to take out the competition. The more clothes, the more styles require them to coordinate more of their clothes to look better then the other female that might catch that better man. It is a race to be better then the next female.

Women are pure evil, too bad I like them way to damn much.
    What are you talking about? "Back in the day" Which day?
    The Moral Majority is neither.

Master Sargent - WOTPP

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jitBob
    What are you talking about? "Back in the day" Which day?
    You know, back in the good ol' days when women were bought and sold like cattle and were virgins and stayed in and cooked and appreciated a good man.....

My history books dont go back that far
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Because shoes are shoes and one must have the right shoe to match the outfit as NooNoo said..heaven forbid should one wear a lemon outfit with black shoes.

I am an Imelda, i have shoes for all occasions and will often buy a shoe in multiple colours so I know I will have the right one.

Of course then there is heals, one doesn't wear sparkly stilleto's in a physical environment or to go wandering through the park.

A woman with a large shoe collection should be well sought after.
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

I have 1 pair of smart shoes and 1 pair of smelly trainers. They get me through life and all social situations / outfits / sports / etc. I think men are just allergic to shoe shops
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something

Quote Originally Posted by gazzak
    .. I think men are just allergic to shoe shops
    Welll I'm definately allergic to handbag shops !

.. but I believe the ladies just admitted to being fashion victims on the whole (not that 3 is exactly a representative sample), which is the accusation I levelled to get the opening quote !

I'm still puzzled though why all but about 3 pairs of all these shoes are to me (of course I'm just a 'stupid man') are apparently identical or very similar to others..

Have women not worked out yet that generally our eyes never get that far down ? Our usual points of interest have been more than covered way before we get to feet

I don't see how the shoe fetish is a big deal. Sure some women like buying shows (the one i'm currently trying to see is this way), and i can say it is not because of the men, because frankly, we generally don't notice. It's the women who notice shoes. She does it because she likes shoes, that's good enough for me. Hell, i know if i get in deep trouble i'll be able to go find her a cute pair of shoes and be back in good graces in no time. If it makes her happy and put's a smile on her face, what's the harm.
    Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.
    Sun-tzu (~400 BC), The Art of War. Emptiness and Fullness

Quote Originally Posted by Khazad
    I don't see how the shoe fetish is a big deal. .
    Err its not dude .. its all whats called 'taking the pee' which admittedly is a bit of a strange concept to many Americans, but I'd have thought since I've been doing it for 6 years here someone would have caught on by now ! .. seems not !

The reason its such a big deal (remembering of course it isn't really !) is that all these shoes & bags currently fill up two wardrobes that are supposed to be mine

& if you are brave enough to buy shoes for a woman .. then you are a braver man than I ! - last time I dared to buy any item of clothing for a lady, I received that 'look of death' & was promptly asked if I'd kept the receipt !

No shoe fetish here. Especially now that we have a puppy (now HE has a shoe fetish)..but, that's in another discussion
    Dyslexics of the world..UNTIE!

Banned
    What is really amazing is all these women with all these shoes and they still usually end up wearing the wrong ones....

Sorry confus-ed, I actually check out women's shoes and feet.