My current job is titled PC Technician but is very varied as far as duties are concerned. I've been with this company for 24 years and am 44. More than half of my life, if you can believe it! This is probably a strange place to post this but this is the only forum I read regularly even tho I don't post often. I feel like I know so many of you from reading you and while this may not be everyone's area of expertise, I hope there is someone here that can give me some sound advice.

I work with T1 lines, ISDNs and marathons in a very indirect way, as in doing whatever anyone tells me to do. I handle the upkeep of about 100 PC's as well as a Spectrum 24 RF system. I manage our printer maintaince and upgrade as well as our phone system. I'm fit the description of "jack of all, master of none" to a T. I'm a great "researcher" for the company as far as the internet goes and have put together a couple of messageboards together with EZboard.

Most of my job is physical and that's my problem. After a couple of years of ongoing problems, I've been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and need to look at my future a lot more closely than I have. I don't see my mobility getting better in the years ahead and need a way to protect myself financially. I also can't continue to crawl under desks.

I'd like to learn how to design web pages. I think this is something I could do, and enjoy doing, even if mobility becomes an issue. The problem is I know nothing about what's best, what's most current to learn, what's the best basic tutorial, etc. I can get my employeer to pay at least half of the cost of a 'start to finish' program but I need some direction in what's the best etc.

Sometimes the internet is too big. There seems to be too much information for me to grasp. Any suggestions/comments/ideas? Thanks for reading this!