Saving jpegs to a network drive from Photo Editor

Thread: Saving jpegs to a network drive from Photo Editor

Saving jpegs to a network drive from Photo Editor

I am having a problem with MS Photo Editor in Office 2000 sp3 running on a 2000 box with sp4. Photo Editor will not save jpegs to a network drive but will save images locally. When I go to “save as” and point to the network drive photo editor appears to save the document, status bar and save as path are displayed. But when I check the network drive via explorer the jpeg is not there, used refresh view. Show hidden files and folders is checked, though this shouldn’t be an issue. I am able to save Word Docs, ect to the various network drives without issue. This problem is particular to a single PC. The user does not have the issue when they use another machine. Regardless of the local profile, including network admin and creating new profiles, I login under the problem persist.

I have tried uninstalling, reboot and clean registry, and reinstalling Office with sp3 with out success. I have also tried reinstalling SP4 for w2k again no luck.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanx.
    No need to be concerned. The voices in my head assure me I am completely sane.

"Dammit Jim I’m a Star Ship surgeon not the free clinic."

a) Does this happen when you save in another format like gif, png?
    b) What about other network locations? Does MS Photo Ed save properly there?
    c) Have you tried just a clean install of Office without SP's and tried to save jpegs on the network?

Thanx for the reply TechZ.

a)Yes the problem persists when I try to save a jpeg to another format, bmp, tif , to a network drive. Interestingly the first time I try to save a jpeg as a tif, bmp to a specific network location the image will save properly. Any subsequent attempt to save a jpeg as a bmp or tiff from Photo editor to any network results in the same problem.

b)Photo Ed has the same issue saving to other network locations.

c)Yes. After I uninstalled Office, rebooted, cleaned the registry, rebooted, installed Office I tried saving jpegs through Photo Ed without success. I then installed sp3 in hopes of fixing the problem.
    No need to be concerned. The voices in my head assure me I am completely sane.

"Dammit Jim I’m a Star Ship surgeon not the free clinic."