Lenovo
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lenovo

Angry Lenovo

I have a Lenovo 3000 N100 0768 -04U laptop and I have no screen . I get occasional weird red flashes when I use the two keys to connect to a monitor. I had it working on a monitor but after getting Windows up dates I can not get the monitor to work now. I have had it fixed 2 times, once under warranty, and once for $4oo+. I am petty sure it is the inverter board. I have downloaded the manuals from the Lenovo web site.
    Is there a repair manual or a good site that I can us to repair this laptop? And how much is the inverter board???...Don

Hardware maintenance manual:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...cid=MIGR-63486

Inverter: Google is your friend

Thank you CCT, where would be a good place to get this inverter board. I don't want to use Lenovo if I don't have to, afraid I will get yet another bad one......Don

I have never bought one so I cannot factually say where a 'good' place would be.

This site has a large inventory ; http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com/

gl to you

edit:

I am NOT sure what the PM meant but I don't respond to them anyway. People looking for help cannot read them.

How are things progressing?
    Last edited by CCT; February 25th, 2010 at 02:20 PM.

Got the part ordered! Be here next Wensday. Had to take front bezel off, my 8 yr. old grandson could have done it. A little worried if I have the right part, Manual was a little confusing. Looked up The inverter No. that was in it and came up with a Compaq part???

Interestingly enough, with a different search string, I found this site;

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...IGR-68083.html

SparePartsWarehouse indicates 3 possible 15W inverters made for the N100 series;

41W1318
    41W1319
    41W1393

The Lenovo site specifies 3 makes of model specific inverters, but doesn't show an 'O4U' model.

What part number did you get from the inverter you removed?

Thanks CCT!! Wish I woulld have found that page E131735 thats, the part I looked up an it came up for a Compaq. I ordered a 41W1318 not sure if its right or not? Been blowing snow for most of the day and I don't have a clear head now....Don

The E131735 LCD inverter is a YEC model YNV-C01 that was used/usable in a number of computers - see; http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=ca

However, one site specifically noted the N100 0689 for that, NOT the 0768.

There is a lot of mis-information out there. I hope the part works for you.

The new link isn't working today but when I read it, it listed 0768- 15.4" screen with no camera as using a 41W1318 inverter card. I think I was lucky and ordered the right one! If the pins and connectors match I am going try it.Thanks again!...Don

That link ( http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...IGR-68083.html ) is working again - any Techs wanting the references should save it as an mht.

Well I got the part today put in in, no problem, but its not working. I am sure the connectors are OK. I got a monitor to work once again to day,but when I tried to toggle (Fn and F7} back to the LCD, I lost everything.. The screen is just blank and every once in a while if I move the mouse or hit pause, I get a dark red screen. If I can get a monitor to work again I think I will use it as a desktop w/monitor.....Don

That's unfortunate.

You could try replacing the LCD wiring harness - they can fail because of the constant bending opening and closing the lid. That's a relatively cheap part. Anything more probably isn't worth the expense if you have a monitor that will work.

If the cable is the issue, you can flog the inverter on EBay.

gl anyway

Question

Thanks CCT. I think I may try the cable I never give up! If theres a chance I may try it...Don

CCT could there be something else wrong with this machine? I had it working on a monitor 5 hours this morning and I cleaned up a lot of files and was defrageing it and I lost the monitor I know the F7 and Fn keys are used to toggle back and forth. I went to the video chip properties set it to Monitor. as far as replacing the LCD harness I don't know weather I need a long or short harness. Is there a good site that could tell me how to trouble shoot this laptop or laptops in general? Thanks again. Don

So it has failed again completely?

It could be any number of things.

There are various sites that talk about laptop troubleshooting - you are now in the unenviable position of having to search and read a whole lot.

Internal connections, broken solder joint, overheating vid chip, etc.

The list is long.

For your searches drop the -O4U and look for something like Lenovo 3000 N100 0768 video output troubleshoot - like that.