Good Data Recovery Program?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Good Data Recovery Program??

[QUOTE=confus-ed]How do Mr Alien Sir, how goes it in the land of previously addicted but now only occasional posters ? While you've been absent I've sharpened my 'tech waffle' skills much ! - sooo I know why that bit goes slower too ...
    QUOTE]

Would you like a scientific approach on the subject? Here goes..
    When you're underpaid for a long period of time, you start loosing your interest about what you do. In addition, stress level increases making you nervous, anxious and restless. The increase of unemployment adds another pain in your butt and since there are thousands of people out there doing exactly what you do, but they just can't find a job. Then comes the fatigue. You realise that you can't use a computer for more than 4-5 hours a day and when you exceed this limit, comes the dizziness and pain in the eyes. Although 5-6 years ago, you used to play Doom for 8 hours a day, after work!
    Not to add the lack of free time!
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

Lots of good information guys!

Thanks, I did actually take something away from this post.

I'm very familiar with the affliction from which you suffer AlienDyne. Been there myself. I did find the cure however...open up your own place and pay yourself whatever you think your worth..............

I've been in business for about 6 years now. While it's not always fun, it beats the hell out of beating yourself to death for someone else!!

Boss Me :butt:
    WildTech
    Unless your the lead dog, the view never changes!

Well, opening a place it's not very easy in my country.
    You need to be a part of a store chain in order to keep it open. Otherwise it's almost sure you won't be able to survive the competition. It also needs some money which I don't have.
    As a conclusion, I'll start looking for a new computer-related job this summer. If I can't find a decent one, I'll just do something else.
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

EasyRecovery Professional lets you do searches for RAW file signatures. I had a data recovery client 3 weeks ago, that formatted his HD with a 'recovery disk', loaded some apps, and surfed the web for several days straight, and I was still able to recover a boatload of JPEGS and alot of documents (after running them through file repair options after the recovery). However, there were a few blank jpegs, and alot of dead powerpoint presentations......

The conclusion to draw from this is:

1. if you reformatted, recover as fast as possible, and with another working system.
    2. The amount recovered depends on how fragmented the previous volume was, and also how much time elapsed since the format and how many transactions occured on the drive.
    3. You will have alot of borderline files, with corrupt headers, but intact internals, which you CAN salvage, with File Repair.
    RCVC (Russian Certified Vodka Drinker), Meathead+

Thanks for the info!!
    WildTech
    Unless your the lead dog, the view never changes!