Home PC case

Thread: Home PC case

Home PC case

Black and White, what are your favorite PC cases you put your builds in to sell yur customers.

i've used tons of Antec cases over the years...well made and you wont turn your hands into hamburger working inside them. and the power supplies are decent. for years they were very generic looking, but now they are quite attractive. in reality tho it duznt really matter so much about the case as it does a good, reliable power supply.

I look for good ventillation and mostly Aluminium cases as they are much lighter, some have PSU's, but I prefer those that done (unless its a really good brand), cause then youre stuck with what comes with it. I have an AOPEN case right now for my main pc, its still doing great even after 2 1/2 yrs of use.

generic white for me, i go on size and number of drive bays, i like the larger cases as the give you more room to move and help with air circulation, thay usally come with quite good psu's but if im building a hefty monster i'll replace it with a higher powerd one

Why not go for some color,blue,red,yellow or green with windows to show off all them new goodies.And plenty of uv lit fans to stay cool and look cool!!!11 drive bays and the works.
    Novice of 2 years Sys#1=xp sp2-Bl. Dragon Case clear panel exposing syntax 266 with amd athlon xp2000+/cop.fin cooler/bl.uv funnel and 80mm fan-nvidia 64mb agp-bl.uv round cables and 3 led case fans-450 psu-dvd rom-cd/rw-floppy-mic-clear lit opti mice-17"crt-lex p3150---Sys#2=xp sp2 H-P pav case-DFI 370 board/cel.1.2cpu-17"crt-opti mice-lex z25-snd/vid o`bd---Sys#3=xp pro sp2-blk/slvr case-Abit KD7-E/athlon 950 o/c`microfin copper cooler(xp 3400+)-nvidia gforce 32 agp-5ch sound(not done)

Antec for black cases and Enlight on the beige/white cases.

Aopen makes good cases of all colors, with better than average price and PS life..... Chenbro has some cool desktop cases..... I've found antec to be no better than some half it's price.... JMO
    "give a man a fish, and he will eat a meal, teach a man to fish...."

AXIO for a goodly number of the builds and mostly black with side windows now.
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

I fitted modern equipment into an old shell that originally was home to an Dell XPS D266 (with all the original stickers on it).

Barton XP3000, 2 DVD burners, 400GB+ of storage, 1GB of ram. Not bad for a box that says 'Intel Pentium II on the front of the case'

Especially since the case (and monitor and keyboard) were free. I have taken to calling it the 'Dellminator'.
    Last edited by 10of40; June 14th, 2005 at 03:48 PM.
    "I aspire sir, to be better than I am." -- Data, Star Trek: Nemesis

I have a cheiftec case that came with a tigerdirect barebones system and I love it not only does it look cool but is so easy to upgrade
    Novice of 2 years Sys#1=xp sp2-Bl. Dragon Case clear panel exposing syntax 266 with amd athlon xp2000+/cop.fin cooler/bl.uv funnel and 80mm fan-nvidia 64mb agp-bl.uv round cables and 3 led case fans-450 psu-dvd rom-cd/rw-floppy-mic-clear lit opti mice-17"crt-lex p3150---Sys#2=xp sp2 H-P pav case-DFI 370 board/cel.1.2cpu-17"crt-opti mice-lex z25-snd/vid o`bd---Sys#3=xp pro sp2-blk/slvr case-Abit KD7-E/athlon 950 o/c`microfin copper cooler(xp 3400+)-nvidia gforce 32 agp-5ch sound(not done)

And by all means read the reviews on your case before purchasing it. looks definitely are not everything, some of the so-called good-looking cases out there are very flimsy cheap and unfriendly to the user...

Quote Originally Posted by 10of40
    I fitted modern equipment into an old shell that originally was home to an Dell XPS D266 (with all the original stickers on it).

Barton XP3000, 2 DVD burners, 400GB+ of storage, 1GB of ram. Not bad for a box that says 'Intel Pentium II on the front of the case'

Especially since the case (and monitor and keyboard) were free. I have taken to calling it the 'Dellminator'.

HEHE sweet a Dell with and AMD in it
    You should take pics and send it to Dell
    D00D you got a Dell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html