Tool Kits

Thread: Tool Kits

Hybrid View

Tool Kits

What do you folks recommend for a good quality tool kit. Just basic screw drivers and stuff. Not no cheap stuff though. Ya look at the ones on the web and you can't really tell how good they are. Would rather take the advice of someone who has a set and can recommend them. Wasn't sure where to put this so forgive me if its in the wrong spot. Mine are just some cheap stuff and almost stripped out now. Time for some quality ones.

Check CompUSA or similar depending on what neck of the wood you hail from. I got my tool kit from CompUSA years ago ... it contains blade and philips screw drivers (2 sizes), chip pluckers and various and sundry instruments for performing major surgery inside the box.
    ya'aa'tey

XP Pro SP2 - Intel D925XCV MB - P4 2.8 GHz, 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache, HTT, socket 775 - WD 36GB SATA HD - WD 250GB USB2 External HD - 2GB Crucial DDR2 PC2-4200 - Sony DRU-710A DVD±R/RW - Plextor CD-R Premium - XFX GeForce 7900 GT / 256MB GDDR3 / SLI / PCI Express / Dual DVI / HDTV - Samsung 19" LCD - Antec Performance Plus SOHO server case with 430W PSU

Thanks for the reply.

Hi,

My tools are a conglomeration of things I've bought over the years. I've never really purchased a "kit". I started out with an assortment of screw drivers, pliers, wirecutters, and the like. Over the years I've added things as I've needed them. A multimeter here, a flashlight there. I always buy good quality stuff since I'm the only one using them and I know they won't walk away. I actually have some great "modified tools" that I have made by bending or changing originals that come in very handy for certain applications.

My point is, I think a kit is a waste of money when you can buy specifcally what you need and get better quality Just my 2 cents..
    WildTech
    Unless your the lead dog, the view never changes!

I've never found a kit that has everything in it that I wanted for a good price vs quality. My current toolkit is just a buncha bits from other kits that I find work well... I have a screwdriver specificaly for removing heatsinks and the nbra I don't use it for anything else...
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.