Why is this site sooo lame now? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is this site sooo lame now?

He he he, root cause: Maturity levels, Mod abuse of powers, hurt feelings, and a painful desire to make fun of fat people
    Sofa King Retarded

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    So I guess that jumping ship and going to where the creator, nay, the founding father, of Windrivers is now is an even bigger personal issue I have to deal with on a daily basis...

[/end sarcasm]

No the real reason this place is dieing is because it’s no longer a community…that’s the bottom line.
    Ya_know I meant no dis respect
    All I meant ot say was if anyone has a problem coming here or not coming here because of someone then, they have larger issues
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Dude, the tech queries are by far less in number. They are also less challenging then they ever were, and the answers now are few and rarely accurate or helpful. And typically unchecked by moderation, or ample input from the savvy community, and most certainly not at all timely. I don't mean to say that you guys aren't doing your job, just saying that as a whole, there is nothing being offered technically around here like it used to. Oh yeah, and the lounge has died a little.
    There are still quite a good amount of tech queries answered correctly here daily, and I'm going to assume just as many if not way more in the chat. As far as timely, most queries I try to answer have already been answered, and in a very timely fashion. There is of course, always exceptions to the rule though.

And this isn't a split, this is like when the Bulls winingest coach Phil Jackson was let go after bringing home 6 championships in 8 years. Every single free agent on the team left, MJ retired a second time, and the team hadn’t seen even a playoff game since. This is bad, and it’s going to take years to bring any “community” back to this place. I can honestly say that I believe Jupiter will put an ax to this place long before the “community” gets back to thriving again…just my guess of course.
    I have my opinion on what your saying here. I however won't air those here as it would not be appropriate.

Will people come back? some will, some won't. I don't see many that have gone off in years past, but i do see some. Will some of the people come back? sure, i think some will, just as other stay gone.

What we are also seeing is some of the contributors not here as much now as in times past. I don't fault these people cause they have had personal issues preventing from posting (as what has happened with myself).

People also go through phases on posting or not posting. They tire of it, they look for something different.

What i've also seen however is a downturn on guest in the chat since winter, A trend i can see happening last summer (however, logs don't go back far enough to know when it start).

Optimsite? I don't think of myself as that.. I'm a realist.
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

Unhappy

you know when it all started out this site was for thechs by techs now most of the question you see are from people who don`t know a thing about comps,it has been slowly going down from the day we had to pay to get drivers,that`s when most of the real good thechs started leaving,now it is just a chat place and a place for peoples trying to play at being techs,i admit that there is still some great techs here but they far in betweenit has been sold out to money people too many time and i think it will slowly die,maybe it has lived it`s usefull life like all of us do at one time or another

Times change...generations move on and new ones are born

Windrivers won't die...it will come back with a new group of faces and a new community..

it's no ghost town..its basic premise is still a need...
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

word hot mamma
    Sofa King Retarded

Registered User BlueShadowDemon's Avatar
    Its kind of sad in a way to see high standing member such as Adept leaving. When people such as that leave it is sorta depressing to come back without them.
    AMD athlon XP 1700, 320 MB Ram, 40 gig hd, ATI Radeon 9700 w/128mb RAM ... awaiting upgrade

Wotpp +1
    The Moral Majority is neither.

Master Sargent - WOTPP

Tattoo addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppro
    Wow, this site used to be a former shade of itself. I guess it is true, the people make the board, not who owns it. I mean there is soo little traffic on this site, I went on holidays for a week, and there were still some of the same topics when I came back on the 1st page of the lounge, and other forums.

IMO,the software/hardware/OS market has alot to do with it too,not in the Lounge really,but with the hardware market so stagnant and XP has had some fixes already issued and not any huge jumps in software or new hardware technology,people just need less support in times like this.

as soon as the next new platform in mobos or whatever or new bug ridden OS comes out the tech support forums get busy again.

Quote Originally Posted by jitBob
    Wotpp +1
    in honor of adept of course :P

Tattoo addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueShadowDemon
    Its kind of sad in a way to see high standing member such as Adept leaving. When people such as that leave it is sorta depressing to come back without them.

it was'nt because of any neg reasons though,he said.

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    For the record, I'm not angry, leaving in a huff to go elsewhere and taking a last stab, or making a statement other than what I've already said. No one is responsible for my leaving WD and other forums. I don't regret my involvement here in the slightest.
    so it was'nt because of any members or site ownership.

IMO it's just the normal evolution of an online forum.

Well I guess the site is (as is said of the New Yorker magazine) "not as good as it used to be and never was!"

I am also reminded of a light bulb joke centering on the city of Victoria (British Columbia) --

Q: How many people from Victoria does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Ten. One to do it and nine to complain about how much better they liked it before.

Unhappy I agree seems poor

First registered the other week to pose a question, gave a detailed question, and not one reply...ok my post is similar to a coupel of others, but I genuninely do nto know which issue / solution relates, and whether same is true for win2k (which I use) as it is for xp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jock
    First registered the other week to pose a question, gave a detailed question, and not one reply...ok my post is similar to a coupel of others, but I genuninely do nto know which issue / solution relates, and whether same is true for win2k (which I use) as it is for xp.
    Each person that posts tends to have their area of expertise.. myself, I'm more of a networking guy then a hardware guy. Secondly with the way the forums displays posts and such (view new posts) people sometimes just miss the post.

Or simply, no one here has any ideas.

I fall into the catagory of "I did not see it, but seeing it now, i have no idea"
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans