I deleted my addresses, now my addresses are deleted!

Thread: I deleted my addresses, now my addresses are deleted!

I deleted my addresses, now my addresses are deleted!

I asked everyone today to empty out their frequent contacts folder because they all got clogged with bogus entries that did nothing but cause a flood of undeliverable notifications over the past few months. I performed an email upgrade that solved this problem.

So the first two individuals duly delete the contents of their frequent contacts, then proceed to yell at me because all of their addresses have been deleted!

Ummm,

a) you deleted the messages, you didn't have to, and you could have asked me first if you weren't sure,
    b) the software warns you that this is an irrevokable action, and there is no going back.
    c) the frequent contacts is not your permanent email address book, its only temporary storage for automatically recorded addresses

IDTent error

ouch .. don't you love users....not
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

*Ahem*
    ID10T error
    - or -
    ID: 10T
    - or -
    DUMB@SS
    Sofa King Retarded

I learned a long time ago to just do it myself... I found (back in the day) walking around and stealing the computer for a minute (giving them an excuse to go get a coffee or something) and doing it myself was actually less time than having to talk to the morons that either didn't understand or did it wrong... with 60 odd computers it took a while but was worth the effort... I'm sure with today's stuff there are other ways than walking around the building, but I don't leave anything to the user... they even had problems logging onto the computers after I'd logged on with administrator cause they're to stupid totype in their own username... so I memorized 60 odd passwords to alleviate the issue...I remember my boss's old password was "smalltits" lol
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by arch0nmyc0n
    they even had problems logging onto the computers after I'd logged on with administrator cause they're to stupid totype in their own username
    Fortunately with Novell I can reset the username that appears on the next boot, so for the most part they don't even know I've been working on their machine. Some people do get upset when someone else has touched "their" machine even though it's company property.

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver
    Fortunately with Novell I can reset the username that appears on the next boot, so for the most part they don't even know I've been working on their machine. Some people do get upset when someone else has touched "their" machine even though it's company property.
    I say to hell with them, as HEAD of IT I have the right to do anything I see fit with "their" computers. If they dont like it, TUFF SH!T

I have enough to deal with and dont need to listen to them whine that I may have been checking where they were going online etc etc. They are just too stupid to realise that I watch everything they do online via our ISA server anyway
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver
    Fortunately with Active Directory I can hide the last logged-in user name so they don't know when I've been messing with their computer either.

I just leave a sticky on their screen instrcuting them to type in their user name after I am done. In our agency, the users are glad to have us come down and work on their boxes. Besides, they know we can not only track their activity remotely through the network, but take over their box with NetOp.
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Dreamer
    I say to hell with them, as HEAD of IT I have the right to do anything I see fit with "their" computers. If they dont like it, TUFF SH!T

I have enough to deal with and dont need to listen to them whine that I may have been checking where they were going online etc etc. They are just too stupid to realise that I watch everything they do online via our ISA server anyway
    Would you say that to your boss?
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.