Introduce Yourself - Page 18
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Red face i'll just tag along

yeah i'm also new, but i couldn't figure out how to post that so... i just am going to tag along here

Welcome Aboard Mac, you have posted, but I have yet to moderate your post. This is an anti spam device. When you signed up it did tell you that your first post(s) may not appear immediately.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

oh ok thanks, yeah cuz i couldn't find my 1st post and i thought that it was kinda weird

Hi! You are young at heart..remember that.
    Dyslexics of the world..UNTIE!

mAc, except for Dr. Lector and myself, "weird" is a good description for many forum members. And their posts. It just takes some time to get used to the navigation and procedures. Don't sweat it. This is one of the most informal and useful forums around.

First posts are so special that us mods keep them so we can read them in secret first. We frame the good ones to hold over members heads at a later date.

But seriously it's due to some idiots thinking we really need that crap V*agra and its 1 600 000 000 000 ways to spell it.

Hope you find your way around ok. I'm sure I asked Guts3d to oil up the lamps along the corridors.

and slgrieb..speak for yourself on that "weirdness" you mention. you leave my posts alone

My posts alway have good views
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

haha thanks i really find this place nice and useful

Most of you are just kids to me anyway...
    Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
    Most of you are just kids to me anyway...
    Don't you mean Grand Kids?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...

Just joined WD after finding the site on google

Im 16 and have been messing around with PCs since I was 12 and have been given some old relics (486s and Pentium 1 Overdrives )

Due to money problems (I dont have a job yet) ive not yet had anything better than a Pentium 3 1ghz but my next machine when I can afford it will be Athlon 64 X2 based

Current pcs stand as:

Everyday PC:

Originally a 1.1ghz Tuatalin Celeron on an Epox Motherboard but it stopped booting so I replaced it with...

Pentium 3 Coppermine 1ghz on a Tyan Trinity 400 (non integrated sound version) which together cost be £26
    Fugitsu 10gb windows drive and Maxtor 20gb backup drive
    Nvidia MX400 64mb Geforce 2
    Creative SB Live! 5.1 Soundcard
    Belkin 5 port USB 2 card
    OLD DLink Network Card
    Samsung DVD drive and Artec CD-RW

This pc has ridiculous amounts of faults that come and go when they please including a random restarting problem that i originally though was a power supply problem but I changed the powersupply and it did it immediately afterwards again :S It then displays a windows has recovered from a serious something or other pop up when it re boots.

In my other case (Dell Dimension D233)
    Originally a 233mhz Pentium 2

I put my Tyan motherboard and P3 into this case for a while and it was a straight fit with the front panel connector but obviously being a Dell i also had to put my powersupply in the case aswell.

I then decided to wire a Gigabyte motherboard and AMD K6-2 500 into the case so I pulled the ribbon cable apart and set about rewiring the connector. That now works and is my second PC

In The Backyard With PeckerWood.My Pet Bird.LOL

Wink

Welcome,JamieS.You seem to be doing things the correct
    way,trial and error.

I started off in 1999 with a Gateway E4200 which I still use.

It was a slot 1 Pentium II 450 mhz.

It now has a Slot 1 socket 370 adaptor and a Lin-Lin FCPGA to FCPGA2
    adaptor. Which is a 1000mhz Tualatin.

Was 128 MB ram now 512 MB ram.

Anyway.....Welcome again always good to have a new member.
    Last edited by street1; July 4th, 2007 at 01:04 PM.
    "We Must Have Toliver Gravy!"Said The Bloody
    Little Yellow Lumbermen To The Forum King.

Get em while there young I say! Learning the old stuff like this Jamie is the best way to really learn what's going on in there. If you go into certification you will smirk at some of the things they teach given your experience... but although real life and what is taught in the classroom doesn't always mesh together nicely, the combination of doing your certs and the experience of rebuilding and making one good out of several bad will make you a much better tech.

Remember the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked. If you are learning and you don't know the answer, then ask. It doesn't matter how trivial it might seem.

The other thing I have learned (apart from my signature at the bottom) is that the answer to a user's question is inversely proportional to the length of the question.... Enjoy learning.

Welcome aboard! The only advice I have for you is one I learned the hard way. When troubleshooting, keep a pen and paper handy and write down what you did that didn't work. That way, you won't waste time trying things over and over, like I did whan I started computers.
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

hey Jamie welcome to WD, i just joined like a month ago, i am also young (17) and been messing around w/ computers since like 11, its nice to know another teen is on WD. You will the people here super nice and helpful.