Introduce Yourself - Page 20
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

I'm also a newbie to this site. Found it using my search engine to look for ADI Codec Driver, because I was and still am having a problem. NooNoo has already responded to my problem. Thanks for responding so quickly to try to help me. I'm from North Carolina USA. I'm an oldie goldie, retired now. Will be 67 in Sept. I have 3 children, 7 grands, and 3 great grands. I got my first computer about 4 yrs. ago, given to me by my cousin when she got a new one. My sons and families gave me this computer for Christmas 2 1/2 yrs. ago. Know most basics, good only trusty HELP was how I learned them myself. Just print out and follow step by step instructions. This is my 1st experience with using a forum of any kind. So please bear with me if I mess up.
    Hobbies: Go with my grandson who races Motorcycles and Reading fictional Suspense paperbacks.
    This is a pic of grandson from last year when he was a Novice. He won 5 chanpionships for the Eastern Coast of the US. This year he is racing as an Expert with plans to race with the AMA next year. Well, I was going to insert a pic but, I could not figure out how to do it. It ask for a URL of the image and I don't know how to do that. The picture is in my Pictures. Also I don't know how to copy and paste in this forum.
    Hey! I'm glad I found this site
    Biker Chick aka (grandmama, Mimi)

You are doing fine posting...

Now, pictures that are in "My Pictures" on your computer... you have a choice of two things, if they are very small (filesize wise) you can attach them in a post.... but most a much bigger and you need to get the picture hosted somewhere on the web and then use the img code (or click the image button) to put it in your post.

places like this do free image hosting
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by Biker Chick
    I'm also a newbie to this site. Found it using my search engine to look for ADI Codec Driver, because I was and still am having a problem. NooNoo has already responded to my problem. Thanks for responding so quickly to try to help me. I'm from North Carolina USA. I'm an oldie goldie, retired now. Will be 67 in Sept. I have 3 children, 7 grands, and 3 great grands. I got my first computer about 4 yrs. ago, given to me by my cousin when she got a new one. My sons and families gave me this computer for Christmas 2 1/2 yrs. ago. Know most basics, good only trusty HELP was how I learned them myself. Just print out and follow step by step instructions. This is my 1st experience with using a forum of any kind. So please bear with me if I mess up.
    Hobbies: Go with my grandson who races Motorcycles and Reading fictional Suspense paperbacks.
    This is a pic of grandson from last year when he was a Novice. He won 5 chanpionships for the Eastern Coast of the US. This year he is racing as an Expert with plans to race with the AMA next year. Well, I was going to insert a pic but, I could not figure out how to do it. It ask for a URL of the image and I don't know how to do that. The picture is in my Pictures. Also I don't know how to copy and paste in this forum.
    Hey! I'm glad I found this site
    Biker Chick aka (grandmama, Mimi)

Heyas there ... hows it going nice to have you aboard.

http://www.facebook.com is a great place to join and freely add pictures and other things to your profile.

way to go on your grandson, thats the direction my own sons are going in, although much younger. My five year old has his own pocket motorbike and is about to graduate to his first "real" bike. My 8 year old has a 125 and a quad.

They are bike mad around here. Even my baby hops on in front of me when im riding.

I love suspense fiction to. Who is your fave author... I avidly devour any book I can find but suspense and true crime would be faves.....

if you ever need help on any issue or want to know how to find something post away.. and the lounge is here to relax and post anything you want into.. cept admin keeps editing my naked pics threads

nice to see another lady around here too ......
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

Quote Originally Posted by Mayet
    Hope you find your way around ok. I'm sure I asked Guts3d to oil up the lamps along the corridors.

I did, and I am growing a mighty hump on my back to help me navigate.
    Last edited by Mayet; July 18th, 2007 at 05:47 AM.
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Heyas there ... hows it going nice to have you aboard.

http://www.facebook.com is a great place to join and freely add pictures and other things to your profile.

way to go on your grandson, thats the direction my own sons are going in, although much younger. My five year old has his own pocket motorbike and is about to graduate to his first "real" bike. My 8 year old has a 125 and a quad.

They are bike mad around here. Even my baby hops on in front of me when im riding.

I love suspense fiction to. Who is your fave author... I avidly devour any book I can find but suspense and true crime would be faves.....

if you ever need help on any issue or want to know how to find something post away.. and the lounge is here to relax and post anything you want into.. cept admin keeps editing my naked pics threads

nice to see another lady around here too ......
    Thanks for the warm welcome that I have received from you members. As I've said this is a totally new experience for me.
    I will not be on line much till next Monday. I'm leaving tomorrow around lunch to head out for a weekend of racing. Groceries and clothes to get packed and errands to run.
    My fave author is Vince Flynn. He writes about goverment and CIA operatives. His books just hold me spell bound.
    Do your boys lean toward road racing or trail bike racing. My grand does Road Racing. At the speeds they go, it's a scary sight to see when someone wrecks. Thank the Lord that he has not been seriously hurt. He's done his share of wrecking too. I worry about the traveling; pulling a 32ft. trailor that we haul the motorcycles in and stay in. The Interstate Hwys. are dangerous when you travel so much. So many vehicles.
    I'll post again in the Lounge next week and maybe by then I'll be able to post a picture.

if you have msn messenger my nick is mayet666 at hotmail dot com
    I will help you with pictures if you like

my husbands into road racing.. when the word rossi is mentioned in this house everyone falls to the ground and kisses it

he loves motogp and the boys sit up with him every week and watch it. he is starting them off on trail to get hang of it but he just bought my six year old girl a 110cc yamaha R1 copy to race

my husabnd owns an fj1100 wich since hes been sick doesnt ride much but the kids all started on it in front of him just after birth going around the yard......none of them have fear and all have good balance.. in fact the six year old girl likes standing on the foot pegs on highways and putting her arms out.. a little habit that i banned her from being on the back with daddy on open roads for...

Hey I had a look at the pics. nice tat BTW fantastic pics and a great job putting them up there...

First posts are so special that us mods keep them so we can read them in secret first. We frame the good ones to hold over members heads at a later date.

But seriously it's due to some idiots thinking we really need that crap V*agra and its 1 600 000 000 000 ways to spell it.

Hope you find your way around ok. I'm sure I asked Guts3d to oil up the lamps along the corridors.

and slgrieb..speak for yourself on that "weirdness" you mention. you leave my posts alone

My posts alway have good views
    Really, I didn't do this to your post. Honest.

Welcome to the forum! sorry for being late but I was away

Mayet, it's nice to see your post restored to its former scenic glory. It looked pretty drab for a bit there. I especially enjoy the whimsical touch of the Washburn and Moen 1901 Pattern wire juxtaposed with the much older post, by the way. Along with the general disrepair of the wire, this is just such a wonderfully satirical comment on the nature of human endeavor that I'm nearly postless.

what can I say..

Good to see you back. Have you been on vacation?
    Looks like you guys are have fun. What a view behind you. Beautiful scenery.

Me? Yes, I was. I was in the UK finding out what it's like to be rained on 24/7.

Vacations! They are fine! My family really enjoys them. Mostly, while I stay at home and work, and feed and care for our huge household of pets. Strange, but whenever I suggest taking a few days off all on my own to visit Austin just to say Hi to my ex-wife and some old girlfriends, my wife gets all bent out of shape.

She gets upset at THAT? Wonder why?