Introduce Yourself - Page 8
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Mags

Well ...er...don't mind me, just chat amongst yourselves about post padding and whatever .. I'm gonna stick with Women of the Prehistoric Planet. I didn't study what they really were, but they had no computers, maybe they sewed and knitted and painted and wrote poetry? Have been at a Craft Evening ... am sure no-one's listening to this .. and women everywhere, the odd man, well I don't mean odd men, I mean odd men, wandering around. Cards, silk painting .. no-one's reading this so I can pad on a bit more .. girls singing, playing instruments, me doing a poetry performance and being applauded .. I'll get no claps for this Prehistoric Planet Pad.

Night.
    Now there you go, your first step to a truely creative post pad... in order to improve your technique, may I suggest that the Women of the Prehistoric Planet be explained a little more - enough to tease some interest in the subject from fellow WOTPP members?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Welcome MAGS. And as they say better late then never
    THE KEY TO HAPPINESS
    If you can guess what it makes then your life shall be filled with happiness and your stomach filled with joy

INGREDIENTS:
    * 5 pounds red potatoes* 6 eggs*2 cups mayonnaise
    * 1 onion, diced* 2 green onions, thinly sliced
    * 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
    * 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced* 2 teaspoons salt
    * 1 teaspoon ground black pepper

Hi Mayet, thanks for the welcome, I clicked on your link and erm... some items were most interesting ..

Slgrieb, you obviously know a great about a great deal, except the marmalade!

NooNoo, oh, creative padding, goodness me, good job I don't have time, I once rattled off a 2,000 word article before church one Sunday, editor said it was too long!

Explain more about the Women of the Prehistoric Planet? Don't have time at the moment, as off to a Rock n Roll Gig at 8.15 and dunno what to wear yet! Been setting up laptop, finally it's almost manageable and back in it's box. Can't do a thing with this PC yet, wait til Ellie's kids are back at school and I've got this week over.

Now the point is, were the Women Prehistoric or was it the Planet that was Prehistoric?

Last edited by Mags; October 23rd, 2005 at 02:45 AM.

Poetry, recordings and photos >> Welcome to My World

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Now there you go, your first step to a truely creative post pad... in order to improve your technique, may I suggest that the Women of the Prehistoric Planet be explained a little more - enough to tease some interest in the subject from fellow WOTPP members?

I doubt there'll be any interest now, because the rush has died down.. not that there was a rush, does anyone rush in Computer-land? Anyway, the Women of the Prehistoric ... where were we? .... Planet, of course had no computers. So they wrote letters with quill pens made from the birds who were walking around and they gave their letters to friends to go and deliver ... and it had to be a Monday.

One never delivered one's own letters, if one did so, then one may as well not have written a letter .. the friends were called .....

Well, since no one else is stepping up to the post... http://www.mst3kinfo.com/daddyo/di_104.html

Should give you a good start on understanding Women of, but I have to say this only scratches the surface of this piece of, uh, classic cinema.

Aah, Slgrieb, you are the first to actually mention the 1965 Women of the Prehistoric Planet, but what we are discussing and discovering ... are the Women of THE Prehistoric Planet, who actually differ from the Women of the Prehistoric Planet, in that our women didn't live on that planet, they live on THE Prehistoric Planet ..

...and as it's 11.40pm here ...

Perfect Mags, sheer unadulterated WOTPP. You are a fast learner
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

...well, coming straight from the new laptop, complete with workman in bathroom doing tiles, front room and PC inaccessible, me running round, 'can I just put newspaper there!' we now move on to more about Women of THE Prehistoric Planet....

Oh by the way, does anyone think we ought to start a new thread in the ...whatever it's called ... (remember the dots) ... Forum?

THE Prehistoric Planet differs from the Prehistoric Planet, in that it started in 894 BC whereas the Prehistoric Planet was bought to the public eye around 1965/1966. Therefore, in 894BC, there were no postmen, that's why the women had to deliver each other's letters ... anyone else know any more about the WotPP's of 894?

Hello Mags.

You have a nice website.

Thank you, Platypus, so has your friend!

Still...

I'm still alive.

Really.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Oy!
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

What's up buddy ?

There seems to be a slight problem with the MindTrap scores. I haven't received my 1000 points for summoning you. I am a Genie afterall.
    "Don't be so humble - you are not that great." - Golda Meir

Quote Originally Posted by edball
    What's up buddy ?

There seems to be a slight problem with the MindTrap scores. I haven't received my 1000 points for summoning you. I am a Genie afterall.

Got it.

Right after we work out that little problem with my wishing for 1 million more wishes.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    Got it.

Right after we work out that little problem with my wishing for 1 million more wishes.
    We can work that out.
    "Don't be so humble - you are not that great." - Golda Meir