WIN98 / change apperarance to default

Thread: WIN98 / change apperarance to default

WIN98 / change apperarance to default

Hi, I have a win98 pc, would like change the apperarance in win98 default. Can't change, get a break down every time. Did delete 50% of SW, scan disk, defrag..., thought hd is to full. Its a 333mhz, 4.3GB HD, 64 RAM. How I can adjust the default apperarance in win 98, thanks a lot

Have you gone into Control Panel and checked your Desktop Themes? Sometimes when you install Win98, you have the Option of putting in extra Desktop Themes, Sounds, Utilities, etc.

You might also find an empty place on your Desktop display, right-click on it and select Active Desktop. You might want to unclick the View as a Webpage option.

Just a couple of suggestions. Good Luck!

I tried everythin, win98 don't take my adjustment, when I change evrything, the sandglass pops up, and then no respond for a looong time. I don't know what to do. I have a black background with green font ==> terrible. You don't know how to adjust the thems in default in one click? Appriciate your help

Check your video driver and make sure it is operational
    Novice of 2 years Sys#1=xp sp2-Bl. Dragon Case clear panel exposing syntax 266 with amd athlon xp2000+/cop.fin cooler/bl.uv funnel and 80mm fan-nvidia 64mb agp-bl.uv round cables and 3 led case fans-450 psu-dvd rom-cd/rw-floppy-mic-clear lit opti mice-17"crt-lex p3150---Sys#2=xp sp2 H-P pav case-DFI 370 board/cel.1.2cpu-17"crt-opti mice-lex z25-snd/vid o`bd---Sys#3=xp pro sp2-blk/slvr case-Abit KD7-E/athlon 950 o/c`microfin copper cooler(xp 3400+)-nvidia gforce 32 agp-5ch sound(not done)

right click desktop ( not on an icon) properites -> appearance-> schemes-> choose "windows standard" - if that doesn't work, try changing one thing at a time (like desktop color ) then restart etc...
    HTH
    All who wander are not lost

What were we talkin bout ?