What motherboard has this?

Thread: What motherboard has this?

What motherboard has this?

Hello, I am basic switching back from athlon 64 system to a pentium 4 system, (due to lots of problems !!!) and I want to know what motherboard if any supports the socket 478 and has both pci express and agp and standard ddr not ddr 2? I dont want to buy one of those ppga type chips cus they cost an arm and a leg round my way !!!

You want something with both PCI-E and AGP? If it has PCI-E, a very good chance its DDR2.

Quote Originally Posted by TechZ
    You want something with both PCI-E and AGP? If it has PCI-E, a very good chance its DDR2.
    Aye .. one or t'other methinks, be hard pushed to find both

MSI makes a board that is Socket 775 and has agp, pci express and ddr support

but don't know of any 478 boards that do this

Quote Originally Posted by Lips2001Ad
    Hello, I am basic switching back from athlon 64 system to a pentium 4 system, (due to lots of problems !!!)

So your are blaming your PC problems on the processor? That doesn't make sense. What kind of componants did you use to build that Athlon 64 system? In my experience it is usually not the processor (AMD or INTEL) causing the problems. It is usually one of the other componants. I know this doesn't answer your question, but I have built 10 Athlon 64 systems to date (unfortunately none of them were for me ) and all of them have run great. I usually recommend my customers go for a good motherboard such as ASUS, ABIT, or GIGABYTE. I have seen people go with cheap motherboard such as ECS or PCCHIPS and then complain the have problems.
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

Quote Originally Posted by BOB IROC
    ..It is usually one of the other componants...
    It is indeed , but often when folks are changing 'cpu horses' due to 'problems' they are maybe actually talking about something else & meaning chipsets ?

So your are blaming your PC problems on the processor? That doesn't make sense. What kind of componants did you use to build that Athlon 64 system? In my experience it is usually not the processor (AMD or INTEL) causing the problems. It is usually one of the other componants. I know this doesn't answer your question, but I have built 10 Athlon 64 systems to date (unfortunately none of them were for me ) and all of them have run great. I usually recommend my customers go for a good motherboard such as ASUS, ABIT, or GIGABYTE. I have seen people go with cheap motherboard such as ECS or PCCHIPS and then complain the have problems.
    Indeed Foxconn or asrock or some other crappy motherboard will usually do any decent system in
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

I just went from and Intel p-4 3.2 ghx to the Athlon xp 64 and I am not looking back
    AMD runs cooler than the new Intel P 4s and my AMD system out performs my Intel based system
    I would seriously look at your component choice expeciially the mother board, that is the foundatuon of your system, Then make sure you have a good brand name PSU
    If you want your Athlon 64 to fly, I would get the A8n sli deluxe board
    If you want to spend more I think I saw an N force 4 based board for the Intel socket 775 and it sports SLI
    the only boards I saw for your socket 478 are the P4p800 or the P4C 800
    Format c I'm givin er all she's got cap'in !!! )

So your are blaming your PC problems on the processor? That doesn't make sense. What kind of componants did you use to build that Athlon 64 system? In my experience it is usually not the processor (AMD or INTEL) causing the problems.
    I build systems. Loads of them. I prefer Athlon 64s. But virtually every other customer that I discuss system spec with for their build wants Intel, because they have seen the adverts or "Ive heard theres problems with that other make - whats it called again?". (and if they do get close they pronounce it ATHERLON) Its not the processors. Its cheap crappy motherboards . Get an ASUS, ABIT or even MSI. I only build with these brands because I know they wont let me (and therefore my customer) down. But regardless of which processor you do use, dont try and economize on the motherboard, memory or power supply. Wait until you can afford the best.
    If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.

Robert X. Cringely, InfoWorld magazine