Stange files, folders and processes

Thread: Stange files, folders and processes

Stange files, folders and processes

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that I was having strange processes appear randomly and disappear quickly. When I finally found the exe files causing them, they were in a folder in aplication data for all users called "rule curb ace noun". I asked several friends if they had a similar folder and they did not. When I went to delete them, some were in use by windows so I had to delete them in safe mode. Once I did, when I rebooted, my settings for background and homepage were scrambled and I had adware icons on the desktop. New files are also created spontaniously. I've run Ad-aware/antivirus several times to no avail. What are these stange files and where do they come from and are they causeing this Adware/settings scrambling?

If needed i can post a RAR file with the files, or list of filenames of the ones I've documented so far.
    Last edited by mastapsi; July 19th, 2005 at 11:12 PM. Reason: spelling issues

Lop.com

Lop.process

A google search on that comes up with the above info saying its part of lop process which is a horrid nasty spyware....

Two things to try, first download a trial version of counterspy and run it. If you find it works I would seriously think about digging deep and buying a copy.
    http://www.sunbelt-software.com/

Second .....Is your adaware updated to latest engine and definition files?

There is always the option of microsofts newish antispy which works great with XP.
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

Spybot gets lop...
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thanks, i tried to google it, but i got nothing,

I just downloaded my ad-aware a weekago and checked definitions 3 days ago.

My theres something wrong with my spybot cause it cant find any updates

Thanks for the help

try www.emsisoft.com get the free version of a-squared. Lop is a nasty little piece of work.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."