Will Norton ever fix their bugs? Do they even care?

Thread: Will Norton ever fix their bugs? Do they even care?

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrit
    I just had a really strange thought
    Why doesnt ClickToSurf fix the bug in the software he wrote for his customers?
    Or does he even care?
    Why is he blaming it on Norton?
    Didnt he write the software?
    Thousands of other pieces of software have to deal with NIS and a host of other different firewalls.
    Beleive me if it was a bug in my software it would have been fixed years ago, I'm really sick of the ***** on these boards blaming mcirosofts and now nortons bugs on me, it was right here on this very forum that it was confirmed by many that the bug is in norton.

If you're jelous of my successful business **** up, don't try to make my product look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Matridom
    You know, I've done my fair share of programming, and i've always taken upon myself to "idiot" proof the application. That means i make it work no matter what. On average, about 1/4 to 1/2 of my code is to prevent Joe Bloe from doing something stupid, so that means testing it on odd configurations, trying to break it, and in general causing hell for the app to debug it.

Clickhere, since you wrote the program to connect to the internet, you then have to deal with other applications. I'm sure that if i installed NIS and downloaded your application (not that i have nor want either) i'm sure i can figure a way to make it work. Once i know EXACTLY what is causing the issue, i would then take the steps to work around the "supposed" bug in NIS.

I mean, seriously, people get an app, they want it to work, you are responsible for the app. So rather then complain about how Symantec can't get their act together, why don't you reprogram your app to work around the "bug" in NIS, if you can ID the bug, then symantec may be more willing to talk to you. Maybe this "bug" is standard working for NIS and you wrote a bad program?

Either way, you'll be a better programmer for solving the issue and learning hwo to deal with problem then complain about other people doing a piss poor job on theirs.
    I REALLY would love to fix it, it would save me hours of work per week explaining how to uninstall norton to hundreds of people, but for whoever has Norton, my program does as if there was no internet connection at all, if you're brave enough to install the buggy Norton software on your PC and can find out why itm completely blocks internet access I would pay you since this is wasting hours of time per week.

Also, is it a coincidence that more than half the posts here are users that agree Norton is garbage?

Quote Originally Posted by FireAm94
    Norton went from "best antivirus proggy" on our preventive maintenance list to top on our crap list. When 2003 first came out it would atleast detect viruses. The crap they have out now....the "majority" of the time doesn't even detect simple trojans. It just flat out sucks....BAD. That's not even thinking about the activation bugs and such. I won't even begin to discuss their firewall program as it's not even worth talking about. They really are out of the loop....as of about 2-3 years ago. They've lost ALOT of loyal customers too.
    That's exactly what I tell my customers, that they used to be the best and I used to have Norton, but now it's just probably the largest bundle of bugs you can find. My friend had to remove it since the firewall was always in an endless loop asking if whatever program could connect, even when the option not to ask again is checked.
    Last edited by ClickHere2Surf.com; July 28th, 2005 at 04:16 PM.