Nvidia chipset motherboard problems

Thread: Nvidia chipset motherboard problems

Nvidia chipset motherboard problems

For anyone having trouble with an nvidia chipset based motherboard,.. I recommend getting a Dell dude! They have a lot of great deals and you can even get a free printer sometimes!

How about a Dell Dimension 5100

Hello World

Heh heh, Webby likes Dell...

Just another customer for a tech to fix. Get a cheap deal now and pay later out the nose. Oh and that award winning tech support yes sir.

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak
    Just another customer for a tech to fix. Get a cheap deal now and pay later out the nose. Oh and that award winning tech support yes sir.
    Yeah, the customer support sucks to say the least.

But, I maintain 200+ PC's, all of which are Dell's (state contract), and they run pretty flawlessly.

But, like you said, the cheapo's are a whole different story.

You are correct 3finger. You can get a nice Dell by doing a build your way deal with them but then you get into the price range where you are better off buying from a custom build shop rather then from them. Atleast thats my opinion. I have turned some customers that way. Just have them go build one on the Dell site and see what they have to pay.

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak
    Just have them go build one on the Dell site and see what they have to pay.
    Exactly.

The $299 - $500 price tag invites them in, but then when they customize it to actually make it a decent system - up goes the price.......not to mention the systems under $600 usually cost more than $125 to ship

Since we are on state pricing and have a contract with Dell, our prices are actually still really decent on Dell systems, and we couldn't build/purchase a custom pc for the same price and have the next day warranty service for 3 years like we do now.

I usually recommend people that cannot build or maintain their own PCs buy OEM computers. If you do not know how to handle a computer it can be quite confusing on a custom built PC. Some shops offer an all inclusive warranty which is OK, but most custome built computers you have call the individual manufacturers in the case of hardware failure.

The school district I work for has 1000's of dells (we buy 300 - 500 each year to replace old ones) and they all run pretty good. I am a member of their premiere access/warranty parts direct so I can order my own replacement parts which helps. My only dislike for dell is the fact they do not offer customers the choice of AMD (which I feel is the better processor on the market today when it comes to value and performance) When getting a PC most top brands are OK (Dell, HP, IBM, Sony) as long as you get a 3 year warranty. Another downfall of most OEMS is the lack of customizability. Brands like AlienWare and Falcon have good gaming computers, but usually for a price and I find you can save some $$$$ if you have the abilty to build it yourself.
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

One of the things I don't like about Dell is there parts such as motherboard and power supply's are not standard and thus you must pay out the nose to get it from them. Also memory and even printer ink and this is another way Dell will get you. Check the price of a standard PS and one of the same specs. from Dell. Just my opinion though. Another is upgradeability is limtied on a Dell.