Do you have a Degree? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do you have a Degree?

While not approaching the thermometer status (more degrees than a) of Major Kong .....

B.A. English (First Class) (Still can't spell) (Unofficial minor in Linguistics)
    Dip. App. Ling. (First Class)
    M.A. English

ummm err cough... hemmm .... shuffle ... err MCSE (not sure this one counts)

Yeah, an Associates is the first two years of a Bachelors Degree. I took all of the same calculus, physics, chemistry, English, etc. courses that anybody would take towards a four year engineering degree. I just didn't get that far...ran out of resources. Yeah, I know, sob story.

And yeah, nice resume there MK.

Home: Eagle River, Alaska Work: Chukchi Sea Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJ
    Yeah, an Associates is the first two years of a Bachelors Degree. I took all of the same calculus, physics, chemistry, English, etc. courses that anybody would take towards a four year engineering degree. I just didn't get that far...ran out of resources. Yeah, I know, sob story.

And yeah, nice resume there MK.
    Thank you. The Institute Degree (3 semester post graduate program-think Masters Lite) and the Masters Degree were payed for by my employers at the time. The other °'s were a product of taking advantage of a baseball scholorship...then having ETSU switch from quarters to semesters. I had to hang around for an extra 3 semesters to take 4 classes to satisfy my BSEH requirements (bastages wouldn't let me substitute course work), since I had the extra 1˝ years to hang around and had a good start on the hours needed I thought what the hey and finished the requirements for History with a Poli Sci Minor.
    I only post using 100% recycled electrons!!!

Stay on the bomb run, boys. I'm going to get them doors open if it hair lips everybody on Bear Creek.

Ta Techz & geoscomp for the 'explain' .

(I guess it actually works like that in practice hear 'near enough', but we just don't call 'em degrees)

So Bev, there you go, you've got a (associate) degree already according to these guys via your HND

I just got UNofficial word that I have passed the HND... coming up one BSc. ... now I just need to sort out how I am going to feed two kids and a mortgage on no income and the world is mine once again!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I am allways getting the 5th degree.
    Does that count?
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Degrees? Degrees? We don't need no stinking degrees! (With special thanks to the Treasure of the Sierra Madres!)

Somehow, I managed to turn a hobby and obssession into a career. No formal degree, just a bunch of credit hours in a wide spectrum of courses. Started off in Engineering Physics and eventually drifted through Philosophy and Software Design. Still, I may go back and finish, just for the heck of it, as they are offering me significant credit hours for "work experience".
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

I agree who needs a degree! I too have an obssession and thats all I needed to become a very busy woman in computer repairs. Succeeded with an extremely busy home based business. I wish I had the degree's at times but for all the money I would of spent on school I am glad I did not spend any. I Don't need that degree to prove I know my stuff. As they say practice makes perfect. And right now every thing is perfect.
    Don't Worry be Happy! Things could always be Worse..There is a fix for everything!

Just a lowly diploma. Which basically means just as much work for half the pay.

I have a BS in Economics with minors in Phiosophy and Literature. Also, an Honors degree in Pony Kegs!! Took me 4 years (the accellerated route).
    ya'aa'tey

XP Pro SP2 - Intel D925XCV MB - P4 2.8 GHz, 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache, HTT, socket 775 - WD 36GB SATA HD - WD 250GB USB2 External HD - 2GB Crucial DDR2 PC2-4200 - Sony DRU-710A DVD±R/RW - Plextor CD-R Premium - XFX GeForce 7900 GT / 256MB GDDR3 / SLI / PCI Express / Dual DVI / HDTV - Samsung 19" LCD - Antec Performance Plus SOHO server case with 430W PSU