AMD Mobo

Thread: AMD Mobo

Question AMD Mobo

Ok gonna take the plunge and get an AMD machine...got 3 Pentium3's now and keep hearing how great the AMD Tbirds are(we will see ...I have Asus CUSL2-C and Abit VH6T mobos now...for the AMD should i get one with VIA or AMD chipsets??? Probably gonna get an ASUS or ABIT board but what chipset is best. The processor will probably be a 1.33 or 1.4GHZ with 266fsb. (gonna be a gaming machine but stability is a must)

I would prefer the most compatible one. Although the latest VIA chipsets are good, I would go for the AMD one.

My 2 cents..
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where

I like ABIT boards personally, no compatibility probs that I've found, fast reliable and do everything.
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up

I'm considering the Abit KT7A but they are coming out with a KG7 that has support for DDR and uses the AMD761 chipset on it. Not sure if it is worth the money at this time for DDR memory or not. Boards are running about $40 more and i have tons of PC133 memory laying around. Sold a PII 233 for $500 yesterday so that is my play money...(who would pay 500 for a PII 233?? hehe)