ATi Rage 128 Pro drivers

Thread: ATi Rage 128 Pro drivers

ATi Rage 128 Pro drivers

This is the twin GPU type, not the normal rage driver I am looking for, its a bit like the Rage Fury Maxx, to look at. I am under the impression you cannot get windows 2k drivers for this, even 98SE drivers would do me.

Ive been to the ATi website, and not having any success, tried the Rage Fury Maxx drivers, it didnt like them, dont thin k theres a fault with the card as it runs with standard vga drivers in 16 colour mode. If i install the Rage Fury Maxx drivers, the pc will say I can set the colour to 16 bit and make the screen size a bit better than the default, when I try either there is a re boot and you enter a world of hurt. I reckon the driver just isnt quite compatable.

Any help really appreciated guys.

Oh, and top site by the way.

Welcome to WinDrivers, timegoblin.

As far as I know, if it has dual GPUs, it is a MAXX - MAXX was ATI's dual GPU technology. The Rage 128 Pro was the GPU chip, and cards using it were Rage 128 Pro cards, unless they were MAXX, if that makes sense...

These cards were plagued with driver problems, and again, as far as I know, were only set up for Win98:

From ATI's Windows2000 FAQ:

"Q15: Will the Rage Fury MAXX be supported under Windows 2000?

A15: Windows® 2000 support will not be available for the Rage Fury Maxx™. The Windows 2000® operating system is the next generation of Windows NT. Since the Rage Fury Maxx™ was not originally designed to support Windows NT, Windows® 2000 driver support will not be available. The drivers that ship with the Rage Fury Maxx can be installed under Windows® 98, 98SE and Millenium."

What OS are you using?

I really doubt if it's worth trying to get a card like this to do anything it wasn't designed to do.
    Last edited by Platypus; October 7th, 2005 at 07:02 AM.

I've had one of those - and unless you want to play older games, UT, Unreal, Doom Legacy (cool allthe same ) Quake 2 /3 and such like put it on eBay. I spent months trying to pursuade the drivers to work correctly with newer games but they just didnt seem to like Direct X 8+ Only had it running stable with DX7.

Anyhow, good luck and I hope you get what you want out of it.
    All sorts of wonderful things in life.

Well, ive seen MAXX cards, this looks like it but has ATi Rage 128 Pro stamped on it, between the two fans and heatsinks.

I have quite a few pc's lying around, this one is destined for a K6-2 set up with windows 98SE.

Why do I want to bother? well, I just fancied getting it working and seeing what its like, I dont intend to play the latest games, but playing a few old favs would be nice, and yes, I know I can play the same games with a TNT riva or whatever, but I just kinda fancy this.

Looking at Toms hardware guide, there IS a dual GPU ATi Rage 128 pro twin gpu card.

any help?

Is it possible to post a pic? I can always take a pic of it and post it if that might help...

Yep, you can't upload one, but you'll see the little "postcard" button to hotlink a pic when you create a post, if you've got somewhere it can be hosted. I use ripway.com or uploadit.org to host pictures.

IF you dont want to signup, try www.tinypic.com

Got the part number on the card? You can then identify it absolutely at ATI
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Ive looked on the ATi website and cant find it in their older cards section, Toms hardware guide definately calls it a Rage 128 pro twin gpu graphics card, but I know just how blurry the `naming` of cards can be. When I am home this evening I will have another look. I know that it says the name on the card surface and on both chipsets.

As I said, I will take a closer look this evening.

That's why you want the part number....
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

OK, I have the part number... its pretty long mind you!

P/N1026730600 019041

IVE CHECKED THAT THREE TIMES TO MAKE SURE I DONT HAVE A WRONG NUMBER, LOL.

Looking at the card it has graphics by ATi Rage 128 pro written between the heatsinks, its copywrited 1999. on the back it says braphics by.... you know the drill.

Any help?

OK ATI identifies that product number as "RAGE FURY MAXX 64MB AGP2X"

Quote Originally Posted by ATI
    How can I obtain drivers and software for Rage 128 / Rage 128 PRO products?

Drivers & Software for this product are available to registered Customer Care users, logged in to the ATI Customer Care support portal. If you are not currently registered, please register in order to access these driver & software updates. For all other users, please login now.
    All you have to do is complete a free registration. Maxx drivers are only around for 98/me. The 2k driver appears to use the standard rage pro driver...
    Last edited by NooNoo; October 11th, 2005 at 04:17 PM.

I am registered with ATi as I have a rather nice x700 of theirs, I will endevour to try that driver out and let you know how I get on...