The WOTPP's Tale ! - Page 28
Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: The WOTPP's Tale !

... rejected this reality, replacing it with her own.

<shimmer, shimmer, flash!>

She now stood on the beautiful sun-drenched beach, alone with wee Tommy, all grown up. They were both tastifully atired in fine kilts and puffy silk blouses. Somewhere, in the background, the soft skirling notes of a bag pipe wafted in on the warm afternoon breeze. (Or, maybe someone was stangling a cat with a vacuum cleaner in the village?)

"Come hither, my pet!" she purred, sitting down on one of a pair of lounging chairs.

Tommy, Calabash in hand, sauntered over to the proffered seat and flopped down on it. "What wust thou of me, fair maiden?" he asked in a very awkward, yet strangely endearing fashion. "I am at your disposal, heart and soul. Speakest thou thine wishes and I shalt comply, forwith,... or even sooner!"

Sophie looked at the odd Scot in perplexed confusion. What the heck had happened to her reality?
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

She thought .... "Heck I am spending so much time in lounging chairs these days and now Wee Tommy all grown up was not making an ounce of sense. What planet was he from anyway?"

..and as Sophie's eyes crossed each other in an effort to work out where Tommy all grown up was coming from, she passed out, stars in her eyes, something had just dropped out of the heavens onto her head !

(And as an aside, the 'Drink a Pint and a Half a Day Campaign' is going well, been out with a couple of mates, I've drunk my Pint and a Half of Fruit Juice tonight ...)

And as Sophie lay in a fainted stupor ...
    Last edited by Mags; November 27th, 2006 at 06:09 PM.

Poetry, recordings and photos >> Welcome to My World

....... along the sun-soaked beach came a small circus from a distant nebula as yet un-named but faintly visible to the eye of someone from that nebula, abandoned here by cruel fate and... - but I digress - so these circus types were ambling along and espied Sophie in her stupor.

The chappie who guessed peoples' weights immediately unpacked his scales, loudly shouted '112 pounds soaking wet' and had his weigh with the slumbering lass.

She topped the scales at 111, so the chappie was once again within the 3-pounds-either-way weighing rules and felt content.

A somewhat rumpled and recently manhandled Sophie dreamt of......

-
    Last edited by CCT; November 27th, 2006 at 06:37 PM.

In The Backyard With PeckerWood.My Pet Bird.LOL
    dreamt of......her regular old home with the water going where it belonged,instead
    of to the hospital ,to assist some one on their day after the birthday hospital fun
    surprise.The lady in waiting smiled and thought.Why do American doctors have a
    propensity to demand a gallon of liquid for the same exercise."Bad !Bad !Old American
    doctors she thought".Then Sophie started skipping around and singing a song about
    peaches and some other kind of fruit she had ate at the old planet.Neighbors were by
    now...............................
    "We Must Have Toliver Gravy!"Said The Bloody
    Little Yellow Lumbermen To The Forum King.

Wilst upon a great white stallion the Master Sargent of the WOTPP'ers galloped frenickly across the beach all the wile shouting; "Post pad +1."
    The Moral Majority is neither.

Master Sargent - WOTPP

Obviously interupted by some dude on a great white stallion galloping across he beach yelling some nonsence about paying postage or something.

Sophie and wee Tommy along with the circus bloke who guesses your weight called for the psyciatrists and had the dude committed. Being way back in the days of herbs and leaves for medical treatment, he was fed potions and admitted to a comfortable kapok padded cave until he could recover.

In the mean time.....

I pop back and say
    I have to have some tests and
    a biopsy under General Anasth
    on 11th Dec.and prefer no comments,
    just prayers thanks

... but back into the world of fantasy or is it reality, on AstroStarCus, along came...

.... a detached military unit headed by General Anasth (weird monicker but so what) who ballyhooed and ranted about secret cells and wiping out the scourge and deep penetratioons and remarkable success rates with properly timed surgical strikes and, lastly, said, "Our prayers are always there with our friends and loved ones, whether they be old friends or new friends be that as it may!"

The General then set off again, his minions following smartly behind, and as the dust of their departure settled, a new happenstance occurred, which was............
    Last edited by CCT; November 29th, 2006 at 05:57 PM.

...a little primrose, which peeped up from the ground, looked around and grew a little .... petal ... then waved at all the people passing by ... then it was joined by a little bluebell, who peeped up from the ground, looked around and grew a little ... petal ... then waved at all the people passing by .. then it was joined by a little daffodil, which peeped up from the ground, looked around and grew a little .... petal ... then waved at all the people passing by ... then it was joined by a little delphinium which peeped up from the ground, looked around and grew a little .... petal ... then waved at all the people passing by ... then it was joined by a little daisy .. and if you're still reading this, you're dafter than I think !

Then marching with great big boots, came ...

In The Backyard With PeckerWood.My Pet Bird.LOL
    Then marching with great big boots, came ...A tall skinny man all of 92 lbs.
    The boots made him look like a long legged bird standing in shotgun shells.
    This was the general in charge of the minions.He looked at the petals from
    the flowers waving at him and began to weep.If only he could remember
    what his father would say at a time like this.....................................
    "We Must Have Toliver Gravy!"Said The Bloody
    Little Yellow Lumbermen To The Forum King.

All of a sudden it hit him - his father would have burst into song ..... "Roses are red my love, violets are bloo-oo-ooo."

His father having been a lounge singer in Las Vagas all the time he was growing up was probably the reason his mother insisted that he (the general) go to a military school. Added to these obvious disadvantages which the poor weeping general of the minions had to face, was the fact that at his military boarding school he was undernourished - accounting for his long skinny legs dressed in heavy boots.

But all this aside .......

there wandered along a young man who wanted to become a great writer.
    "I want to write things the whole world will read," he declared.

"Stuff that will elicit strong emotions from people in every walk of life. I want my writing to make them scream, cry, howl in pain and anger."

He now lives happily ever after in Redmond, Washington., writing error messages for Microsoft ( yes this is a joke - not original - thought I would share it with you computer techs)

Not at all aware of what a computer might be, it behooved Sophie to make a choice.

To malinger longer here in the virtual lap of luxury and lair of decadence or to return to her WOTPP cave and resume her life of deprivement and hardship amongst the leaky plumbing, poor lighting, odd service chappies and various other unwelcome and decidedly unwholesome persons.

Sophie wracked her curly-blonde-hair-covered brain for an hour and a bit and then...................
    Last edited by CCT; December 3rd, 2006 at 06:19 PM.

...found some fleas and wondered, 'how did they get there?'

She could only conclude...