The WOTPP's Tale !
Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The WOTPP's Tale !

Smile The WOTPP's Tale !

Thought it'd be a shame if this epic got lost in the Welcome area... it kinda evolved..

WOTTP's are actually Women of the Prehistoric Planet, but they are also, as everyone knows, to do with ..er !

The media put out about the WOTTP's of 1965/66, but these are different WOTTP's. These ladies had no computers, maybe they sewed and knitted and painted and wrote poetry?

And they wrote letters with quill pens made from the birds who were walking around and they gave their letters to friends to go and deliver ... and it had to be a Monday. One never delivered one's own letters, if one did so, then one may as well not have written a letter. There were no postmen, that's why the women had to deliver each other's letters ... it was good exercise too!

Anyone else know any more about the WOTPP's?

Poetry, recordings and photos >> Welcome to My World

You piqued my interest in the other WOTPPs with your posts, but have not had much success in digging up any further data. Admitedly, I have only made cursory searches, but will dig more seriously later. All knowledge, especially on rare or esoteric subjects, is good!
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

...ah and there are also of course ... the WOTTPs - Private ! They are the ones who live in caves and don't like noses been peered around the entrance. They creep out at night to catch their food and creep back before dawn. Dawn, of course, looks the other way, when they pass with their catch of food .. lovely woman!
    Last edited by Mags; October 28th, 2005 at 02:47 PM.

Pardon my obsession, but it is WOTPP, not WOTTP. A pedantic right-brained remark, undoubtedly, but one I could no longer contain. But, on the other hand,... she wore a glove.
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

....... dashes back quickly to check the title, cos I haven't found a way of changing those .. and it's fine !

Of course, it's a WOTPP ...

Erm, if I may say so, of all the reading warriors, you are the bravest to point it out, I bet others have been thinking, 'did the WOTPP's have spelling lessons?' Well .. in fact they did and chalk and slates were freely available to scribble WOTPP notes ... the teachers were very strict and in those days on the Prehistoric Planet, slaps were allowed and with no gloves ...
    Last edited by Mags; November 8th, 2005 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mags

....... dashes back quickly to check the title, cos I haven't found a way of changing those .. and it's fine !

Of course, it's a WOTPP ...

Erm, if I may so, of all the reading warriors, you are the bravest to point it out, I bet others have been thinking, 'did the WOTPP's have spelling lessons?' Well .. in fact they did and chalk and slates were freely available to scribble WOTPP notes ... the teachers were very strict and in those days on the Prehistoric Planet, slaps were allowed and with no gloves ...
    Hmmm...that may not be such a bad place after all.
    --Those who think they know everything annoy those of us that do.

I felt it would be good to bring Slgrieb's thoughts from the Forum Roll Call area .. cos it was so good, hope this is ok? Took a bit of thinking out how to do that!

Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb
    Well, since no one else is stepping up to the post... http://www.mst3kinfo.com/daddyo/di_104.html

Should give you a good start on understanding Women of, but I have to say this only scratches the surface of this piece of, uh, classic cinema.
    Archangel42069 said ... how do I do two quotes? .. said, 'it might not be such a bad place after all'.

In fact, it wasn't a bad place, because with the teachers being allowed to slap without gloves .. it's nearly time for tea here .. Crumpets of course .. ah, the young WOTPP's learnt to behave .. and be terribly boring .. until one day, along came ...

Ah, a chance to enact a WOTPP tradition: Bump!

...as I was saying, '..the young WOTPP's learnt to behave and be terribly boring .. until one day, along came ...

...El Squid with a real scary face and some of the kids crept out from behind teacher's apron .. and thought 'ooh perhaps I'll be a little instead of being boringly good' .. so the first child grabbed hold of a..
    Last edited by Mags; November 9th, 2005 at 01:03 PM.

...piece of chalk and began to create their Magnum Opus on the floor, while another went outside to escavate a moat about the school house, and yet a third decided they were Sir Edmund Hilary and the bookcase was Mount Everest. Great fun was had by all, except for...

...young Daisy, who had always been encouraged to be a little but she had an innermost passion .. it tore at her day and night .. she longed to ..

... join the official ranks of the WOTPP, so she could <bump> her favorite posts to the top of the list ...

Did somebody say Way of the Post Pad? +1
    Hello World

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    I think they are trying to steal our WOTPP. Where is Adept???

Post padders unite!!!! Do not allow this falsehood to continue!!!!

+1

Sergeant WOTPP

Quote Originally Posted by MobilePCPhysician
    I think they are trying to steal our WOTPP. Where is Adept???
    You'll have to settle for me I'm afraid - Adept has moved on to spread WotPP to the world, either that or his blackberry is acting up again , but he lurks here yet so have no fear of his demise

Anyways I don't reckon much to all of this, 'teh way' may have been around since cavemen & even before quill pens, but WotPP'ing requires electric & a pc !

( & oh yeah nothing particularly better to do ! )