The WOTPP's Tale ! - Page 31
Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: The WOTPP's Tale !

...the tree behind the turkey.

The tree is very tall and has been practising human speech for years, quietly, unseen, in the very still of night .. and chose this moment to....

Poetry, recordings and photos >> Welcome to My World

prove that on the Prehistoric Planet, plants are the smartest living thing. The tree spoke on to Sophie telling her things she never dreamed of ( even though she had been into the future and seen computers and hospitals and all), he explained to her all about .....

In The Backyard With PeckerWood.My Pet Bird.LOL
    he explained to her all about .....Piled ups,toy wasp meat,homemade stores,lefthanded
    dynamite,and when your hungry how to turn toast into extra toast.She chopped the tree down.Made a fire and................
    "We Must Have Toliver Gravy!"Said The Bloody
    Little Yellow Lumbermen To The Forum King.

... settled down in some comfy flannel pajamas to toast marshmallows over the flickering flames. Bumpus and the other hounds, a little worse for the scare, lay snoozing in the fire's warmth. Meanwhile, as the crackling flames consumed the logs, the tree's last sentient thought flashed by, "I should have kept my big mouth shut!" And, its spirit flashed up the flue in a spiraling dance with the thick smoke, free at last from this mortal coil.

A chill ran up Sophie's spine, as if there were a great disturbance in the force. Somewhere, all the nasty little gremlins had gathered, working mischief as a group. The name "Noo Noo" popped into her head, unbidden. What could it possibly mean?
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

But then perhaps it wasn't about "meaning."

The "nasty little gremlins" functioned on a lower step of the Piagetian developmental heirarchy that of "meaning." Their multi-coloured malevolence (one purple, one red, one yellow, one green) functioned at more of a subcortical, brain-stem emotive level than that of rational thought, especially as they performed their evil rituals for their infantile "Sun God." Perhaps the "Noo Noo" was their diabolical hench-thing, an entity "abhorred by nature," sent to the realm of the rational as the first strike on sanity. Perhaps what Sophie felt was a foreboding, a sense of a slow inexorable doom looming ahead, a sensation rather like that caused by wearing a pair of ill-fitting nickers with a failing elastic waistband together with a mini-skirt on a hot muggy summer's day, but then again.... maybe not.....

It is my pure and virtuous heart that
    gives me the strength of ten!
    Last edited by houseisland; December 28th, 2006 at 10:42 PM. Reason: typos

One wonders what Sophie's fears are really about?

Perhaps it's not about 'meaning' ... or who was their hench person? Perhaps it's about 'plans' or having 'no plans at all'.

All the women rushed over for this deep, meaningless debate for their lives had been based on plans, no plans or the best laid ones?

And the need is to determine which is best?

One wonders whether having no plans at all might be better? If you plan nothing, then things happen, not necessarily what you thought, because you thought nothing, then you are taken by surprise .. and what happens may be better than what you didn't plan ..?

So they came to the conclusion that ...

.. the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Or, was that, a penny saved is a penny earned? No matter. The Prehistoric Women decided to fly by the seat of their pants, not make any plans and take things as they came. In other words, they would be deliberately carefree.
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

...but aged Marie felt unsafe, she couldn't imagine a life without plans, she'd never been carefree in her life, her hair had always been neat, never out of place, she was proud of her bun. She shook, she dithered on her toes, she went white, she held on to the side of ... the woman next to her ... or was it a man? She had her notebook ready, for she always made notes in her notebook to remember things to do at home. She braced herself ... because she knew what was coming next ... was ...

..... A loud authoritive deep voice from out of no where - a new edict from the powerful one of WOTPP.

She declared that Marie and all others like her must put aside their note books and go with the flow , let down their hair and go along with living without plans. As she so wisely added, "Sh#t happens" - they even make bumper stickers saying so. Therefore it is best, as the women of TPP have voted, to have no plans - then nothing can come unstuck. No one will ever be disappointed, and life will be constantly exciting andn interesting. Things you count on may grind to a halt, water could stop flowing through the broken plumbing because you couldn't plan to have a plumber come in. This was when Sophie began to wonder if the decision the women made was a good one she still had bad plumbing in her cave. She rose to her feet as if to speak when all of a sudden

...Marie's eyebrows went up, her hands waved in the air, clutching pen and notebook, diary, organiser .. she stood on tiptoe, looking for a rock to stand on, so that she would be above the crowd, for she felt she must proclaim that plans must be made, that plans are so essential to peace of mind. Marie's plans never went astray, everything went through with ease, as neat as her bun ... she could not enter into the screams of the women who were saying, 'yes, but ....' and 'he didn't turn up' ... and 'we waited in all day' ... and 'we forgot to measure the height, length' ...

Marie finally found a rock to stand on then ...

Placing two fingers in her mouth she sent out a whale of a whistle and captured the attention of the mass of women who were stunned into silence. Eloquently and passionately Marie stated her case for the need for a plan. Even on the prehistoric planet of AstroStarCus, there must be a plan. To her surprise support began to swing her way, both Sophie and Robbie sprang to their feet and shouted.....

'We begin to understand, even to the fact that we do think Marie might be right?'

Then wee Tommy all grown up, pushed his way to the front, jumped in the rock and said, 'Marie has a point that planning might be useful'

Marie patted her bun and said, 'oh my gosh, yes of course, planning is always good, in fact I'm lost without my diary, notebook and organiser, without writing things down, I forget completely.'

Then Sophie said, 'this is all very well, but maybe it's right to sometimes have plans and sometimes not?'

To which, the reply came...
    Last edited by Mags; January 14th, 2007 at 12:52 PM.

...."Nuts! Yes, nuts I say! Living without plans is contrary to good sense, makes us in attitude similar to the lesser beasties, and would lead to mayhem, insurrection and general and complete deterioration of societal foundations and other such important stuff."

Amazed, everyone looked stage left, and there, slowly entering, was a very vocal and much-to-be-feared .............

In The Backyard With PeckerWood.My Pet Bird.LOL
    very vocal and much-to-be-feared .............Jester named WangMing.
    He was the leader of a comedy act which starred the triplets...........
    PING,PANG,and PONG.He did a bow to Sophie without meeting her eyes
    Then motioned for the triplets to start...............................
    "We Must Have Toliver Gravy!"Said The Bloody
    Little Yellow Lumbermen To The Forum King.

...the dance of the great Chinese warlords, whose ploy was beyond none.

They staged an elaborate tea ceremony, during which PONG dropped hints at the size of his army and his chances of victory. Then PING would grab his table tennis bat, looking so fiersome! Eventually PANG would give in and admit he was defeated. So battles were fought with no loss of life.

PING demonstrated....