Practical jokes at work?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Practical jokes at work?

Talking Practical jokes at work?

Anyone ever play a practical joke on someone at work? We do so at least once per day, and we talk about it until the next victim comes along.... My personal favorite was to take a picture of someones desktop, make it their wallpaper, and deactivate their icons... Mouse still works, can't do much else...Drove Kim insane....
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

I like selecting all the items on a user's desktop with the mouse, and then pressing enter. Depending on how many icons are on the desktop and what they are pointing to, you can usually bring a P4 with 256MB of RAM to it's knees in short order!

Some 30 years back when I was a young chemist, there were some evil practical jokes to play, like placing a lump of dry ice (solid carbon dioxide) in a rubber glove, tieing a knot in the wrist and placing the glove under the chair where a colleague was snoozing on a Friday afternoon after the pub. Dry ice turns into CO2 gas, glove inflates ... and inflates ... and inflates. Huge bang and snoozing chemist breaks Olympic high jump record from a seated position.
    Another nasty one was putting a milligram or two of phenolphthalein in unsuspecting victim's coffee. A remarkably powerful and fast acting laxative, the victim might just make it to the bog in time ... providing he didn't cough en route
    I've seen people testing their coffee for the stuff after leaving a drink unattended ... add alkali to a small sample, if it turns pink, DON'T drink it !

Labs don't do this sort of thing anymore, the safety people would go nuts
    I think I know just enough to know how much I don't know... I think...

I work in a company that is 75% female, so practical joking is pretty much out of the question.
    L

Welcome to four more years of the most dangerous presidency in history.

Registered User FatalException0E's Avatar
    Can't remember where I saw it, but there was some place where a guy went on vacation, and they taped over the entrance of his cubicle, then FILLED the cube with styrofoam peanuts
    Contents: One signature
    || |||| | |||| |||

a few years ago a coworker went on vacation for 2 weeks in the middle of winter to a nice warm destination (don't remember where). Every day he would phone in and leave voice mails for different people telling them that it was 10am, he was on the beach in shorts having a nice cold beer and grilling a steak. well needles to say we got pretty jealous since is was -20c for us at the time, so we decided to put the remaning week and a half to good use before he got back.

every day we added another booby trap or sabatoged something. His coffee mug was glued to the desk and filled with water so it formed a minescus. all the electronics were removed from his keyboards (workstation and test keyboards), put a line of silicone in his screw drawrs and put the screws back in, glued his tools to the bottom side of the tops of his benches, goop on the ear piece of his phone, tape on the inside ear piece of his phone, tape in his mice so the ball wouldn't move.

The crowning glory, we spenta few hours after work on the last day before he got back rigging his chair with fishing line that ran under his desk, up behind it, across the ceiling around a water pipe, back over th a heating duct above his desk, tied to a upside down box on top of the heating duct filled with packing foam and popcorn.

he came in monday morning, pulled his chair out to sit down and was treated to various bits of packing material raining down from above.

took him all day to get his work area back together so he could actually do some work, and noone ever called in when they were on vacation ever again.

You mean this one fatal??

This ones good too....

Registered User FatalException0E's Avatar
    Yup, that's the one.....and see what happens when you leave your chair parked in the Bronx
    Contents: One signature
    || |||| | |||| |||

If anyone is interested I have a few that you can use on Macs, (I work in a school)
    my all time Fav, Gravity Mouse at ramdom time intervals the mouse pointer drops to the bottom of the screen it keeps falling untill it hits the bottom. very funny!

pee wees play house word of hte day!! you set the words, when its booted it chooses one from the list. it makes the same sound (turn up the volume first)

for windows, switch the mouse buttons, optical mice a small peice of scotch tape wil render it useless.

and I you really wanna have fun, if there computer is tucked under there desk or they can't se it that well get a wireless mouse and keyboard,( it should allow both keyboards and mice at the sametime) you could have allot of fun with that. mine has a range of about 30 ft. I mean who would think to check for that when the mouse or keyboard was going funny?

any computer, for those who can't type swap the A and the S key and the M and hte N.
    I like trafic lights

Re: Practical jokes at work?

Originally posted by Guts3d
    Anyone ever play a practical joke on someone at work? We do so at least once per day, and we talk about it until the next victim comes along.... My personal favorite was to take a picture of someones desktop, make it their wallpaper, and deactivate their icons... Mouse still works, can't do much else...Drove Kim insane....
    Did that one to an IT teacher once. Took her 20 minutes to figure it out. She insisted that I not tell her.

Right after she figured it out she was making plans to share the joy with her husband that evening.

I say as long as the "victim" is not harmed, stained or overly insulted by the prank, anything goes.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

One of my Coworkers did not like spiders at all. So being really Wise person I got a medium size Fake Spider, some Fishing Line, paper Clip, and some Tape.

I tied the Fishing line to the Spider then Bent the paper Clip at a 90 degree angle and tape it to the Front part of the middle inside side drawer. ran the Fishing line throw the Paper clip and fed the line out the back of the drawer. Then I placed the spider on the opisite side of drawer than the paper clip. and closed the drawer. then I taped the Fishing line to the inside back of the desk So when he opened the Drawer the Spider would move accross the bottom of the drawer.

Well the next day he open the drawer, noone was in the room but they did say he screach and came into the room that they were in White Faced Demanding who was the Wise *** that put a spider in his desk.

Originally posted by deseqer
    One of my Coworkers did not like spiders at all. So being really Wise person I got a medium size Fake Spider, some Fishing Line, paper Clip, and some Tape.

I tied the Fishing line to the Spider then Bent the paper Clip at a 90 degree angle and tape it to the Front part of the middle inside side drawer. ran the Fishing line throw the Paper clip and fed the line out the back of the drawer. Then I placed the spider on the opisite side of drawer than the paper clip. and closed the drawer. then I taped the Fishing line to the inside back of the desk So when he opened the Drawer the Spider would move accross the bottom of the drawer.

Well the next day he open the drawer, noone was in the room but they did say he screach and came into the room that they were in White Faced Demanding who was the Wise *** that put a spider in his desk.

AHHAHHHA

I didnt think of this but I did help with this prank...

when on of the supervisors were gone on vaction (bad move) the section of that supervisor would get pranked. Some suers came to me about some pranks, then one thought about why couldnt we just take his keyboard and add multi keys like 4 E's 3 M's etc.. So I did that for them and hooked up the keyboard. I then took out the ball in the mouse, and then the other users trashed his office...ballons, spider webs etc..

His recation was just funny... ehhehe oh and watching him trying to log in was funny too

Talking

We go through a lot of keyboards on Base, ( spilled beverages at least once per day ) and I have been saving the " esc " and " delete " keys for some victim, and when I have enough to replace every key on the keyboard....
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz