Bigproblem. Help

Thread: Bigproblem. Help

Exclamation Bigproblem. Help

could anyone please help. every time i try nd play a game i get an error report. the longest ive got out of a game is 15 minutes and then the game closes followed by an error report. i am not connected to the internet to send the error. i also sometimes get a crash screen with ' nv4_dll'. what does this mean. i have:
    windows xp SP2
    a7n8x mobo
    athon 2700+
    geforce 6200
    512mb RAM
    i have the l8est nvidia drivers. WHAT THE HELL SHALL I DO???????
    i used to have a geforce 4200 ti card and windows home, but changed to see if that fixed the problem but didnt. is it my motherboard.

Quote Originally Posted by bigproblem
    could anyone please help. every time i try nd play a game i get an error report. the longest ive got out of a game is 15 minutes and then the game closes followed by an error report. i am not connected to the internet to send the error. i also sometimes get a crash screen with ' nv4_dll'. what does this mean. i have:
    windows xp SP2
    a7n8x mobo
    athon 2700+
    geforce 6200
    512mb RAM
    i have the l8est nvidia drivers. WHAT THE HELL SHALL I DO???????
    i used to have a geforce 4200 ti card and windows home, but changed to see if that fixed the problem but didnt. is it my motherboard.
    Try using some older drivers...by "l8est" I assume you mean the 80 series drivers, and sometimes newer is not always better, especially with older cards.

Also, make sure you reinstall the nForce drivers for your motherboard. Both your motherboard and video card are nVidia based, so either could be throwing the error.
    --Those who think they know everything annoy those of us that do.

Hi bigproblem

Do you recall when this started happenning? Was it due to a driver upgrade perhaps? Did you run any software like driver cleaner to remove all traces of older drivers before installing the new ones?

Also like Archangel42069 pointed out, newer does not equal better for drivers, especially older cards like your, basically after a certain time, very few improvements in driver released will actually affect your old card, try an older set of drivers, like 78.xx or older even.

thanks. i did try older drivers such as the 73.30. i think i havent updated my motherboard drivers since i got them. does anyone think this is the base of the problem.
    although the crash screen only comes up sometimes, the main problem is the error reports. They come up as soon as any game starts. where do i get drivers for my motherboard.

This is an nforce 2 board, so www.nvidia.com would have the drivers.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

you may want to run dxdiag from the run line as well....make sure you direct x is okay. Or maybe even update it.
    **Time is fun when you are having flies. - Kermit the Frog**